Author Topic: All music in my library has disappeared from view  (Read 2502 times)

Barbie-qu

Yesterday I launched Musicbee and as it was initialising all the music tracks in my library disappeared. After restarting I still have an empty library pane.
The music files are still on my NAS and can be accessed without issue. Playlists are still listed but are not populated with any tracks, but the Now Playing tab still lists my music and can play tracks without problem.
I'm guessing that something may have corrupted my library file, so I tried renaming the Library.bak and Settings.bak files and replacing the .mbl and .ini files but it didn't help.

Does anyone have any suggestions for what may have happened, and whether there is a way I can retrieve my library?

Cheers.

Steven

• Administrator
if your library was corrupted MusicBee would have told you.
If you drag a file from windows explorer and MB shows the file in the library then it really is gone from the library. Otherwise I expect you have a filter active somehow.
I assume you arent keeping backups as restoring a backup would be the most obvious thing to do

Barbie-qu

Ok. After checking again i now see that my entire library (17k tracks) has been added to my Inbox. This happened without any interaction from me, so I suspect it's a bug.

Setup:
My music is stored on a NAS and connected by ethernet to my Windows desktop where MB is installed.

Steps:
1. Woke PC from sleep
2. Shortly afterwards I launched MB. At this point my Windows desktop was available, but some services were probably still initialising (e.g. connection to NAS drives)
3. MB GUI appeared, then i saw the library change from listing all my tracks to an empty library.
4. Restarting MB and my PC did not repopulate the library.

I actually had something similar happen about 6 months ago, but i can't remember the specific details.

I could simply add everything from the Inbox to my library, but i'm a bit concerned that something is not stable. Another option might be to reinstall a clean copy of MB, but then i'd have quite a bit of manual work to personalise it again. Considering that i've been updating versions of MB on top of each other since v2 do you think it would be a good idea to go the fresh install route?

Regarding backups, I do have some but they are older than I would like to restore.

sveakul

Considering that i've been updating versions of MB on top of each other since v2 do you think it would be a good idea to go the fresh install route?

Most definitely would be a good idea.