Author Topic: Album tracks  (Read 1113 times)

Jeff1

I have a massive collection of albums in musicbee all with correct artist, album art, track listings etc. Problem is when I transfer to my portable hi-res music player most are fine and yet others fail to display individual album tracks and only display the album as a single entity (despite displaying album tracks in musicbee). Can't understand why most are are fine and others aren't?

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Hi, welcome to the forum!

Can you see whether MusicBee is transferring all the files that it's supposed to to the device? That's the only thing that MusicBee has any control over in this situation.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

frankz

Are some of these albums one file with a cue sheet on your computer?

If so, do you have "split files with a cuesheet into individual tracks" checked in the device sync settings?

Jeff1

All appear to transfer in the usual manner, window opens up, green line indicates transferring. Regarding the "Cue Sheet" reply, that's interesting because i've noticed that the problem files show a small cue sheet option in musicbee whilst those that are fine don't. I've never really understood what that means or how i go about solving the issue in this regard? Think you've probably hit upon something, if it's an easy fix a detailed explanation would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

frankz

If you have albums that are file+cuesheet, then tick that option if you want those albums to become individual tracks on your device. 

Jeff1

If I select to edit one of the problem albums within musicbee I can see there's a "cuesheet editor" option that appears (this doesn't appear on the albums that are fine), if I select this option it will show me the individual tracks but doesn't offer me a way of ticking them, just an update option at the bottom of the window. I have tried pressing the update but it doesn't appear to make a difference. I wonder if i'm missing something obvious perhaps?

frankz

As I indicated in my original reply, it's a setting you check off in your device sync settings (Edit->Edit Preferences->Devices->(Select Your Device)->Settings).

You don't need to make any changes to the music files on your computer for this.

Jeff1

Many thanks Frankz, appreciate your time, I'll give it a go. Hopefully you've solved my problem and a lot of hair pulling!