Author Topic: Folders  (Read 1748 times)

frank black

Hi

I have nearly got the set up that i need. I have my muisc set up by folders like i have on my computer. However, some of my folders have folders in them. So basically if I am on folder Music 1 and i view it, it shows all the folders. I would like it to show the first folder and then when i click on it , it then shows the folder inside..... hopefully that makes sense.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Are you looking at the computer node? A screenshot might help here, but if you right click in the computer node there's an option to show only the current folder contents or include all subfolders
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

frank black

So my folder from my pc is on the left. When i click on it shows the folders in the main panel but some folders , like comps, are shown as well. I would like it so the comps stays in folder so I can click in the folder to get to them. Hope that makes sense

hiccup

frank black

ok so I want to include them but i dont want to see them in main panel. So in the screenshot there is albums called CD1. They belong to a main folder probably a compilation. So i have folders with CD1 and CD2 all belonging to another folder. i dont want to see them there. Hope that makes sense

hiccup

ok so I want to include them but i dont want to see them in main panel. So in the screenshot there is albums called CD1.

Include them, but not showing them?
I don't understand.

Something else: I don't know what adjustments you have made to your main panel, but you have gotten it to sort by folder somehow.
That's why you have all your CD1 and CD2 folders combined, and you no longer see in what higher level folder (Album) they reside.

frank black

Exactly. So i need to have CD1 and CD2 folders not to show in the main panel as they are part of another folder. Basicaly i just want to mirror my computers folder structure to the main panel.

hiccup

Exactly. So i need to have CD1 and CD2 folders not to show in the main panel as they are part of another folder.

But they are part of another folder.
Windows would display that too.

But your screenshot shows exactly what you seem to be wishing for already: you can't see they are part of another folder.
(because of what I explained in my previous post)

Sorry, but my brain is getting in a knot.
Perhaps somebody else has some better ideas.

frank black

ok .. so like russian dolls. My computer folder you have to open one for the music. Some you have to open two folders to get to the music but in my main panel all the folders are open. Sorry about your brain lol....

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
So you want it to show the contents of some subfolders but not others? How would MusicBee know the difference?
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

frank black

Sorry i have been looking at this all wrong. I thought the main panel was showing the folders but it was showing the albums in the folders. So the question is can the main panel show the folders and not the albums. That way the the albums (especailly the compilations )stay in the folders.

frank black

so where it says Albums and Tracks i want that to say Folders.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
No, the main panel is for showing albums or tracks. If it's really important to you you can make a wishlist request, but I think it's unlikely to be implemented.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

frank black