Author Topic: MusicBee-HQPlayer: to play music stream from MusicBee to HQPlayer  (Read 17733 times)

tracemouse

Hi,

By studying Steven's uPnP/DLNA source code, I have created a plugin to enable playing music stream on HQPlayer.

The musical file in FLAC/WAV(PCM)/DSF/DFF format will be directly streamed, others will be decoded/encoded as PCM without sound effects.

It seems that it cannot work with uPnP/DLNA plugin, I don't know why.

Download:
https://github.com/tracemouse/MusicBee-HQPlayer/releases

Soure code:
https://github.com/tracemouse/MusicBee-HQPlayer

Screen shot:

Last Edit: April 25, 2020, 07:38:02 AM by tracemouse

Steven

• Administrator
If you are using MusicBee 3.3 then only one UpnP type plugin can be active. In v3.4 as part of the chromecast plugin, MB supports any number of UpnP type plugins

tracemouse

If you are using MusicBee 3.3 then only one UpnP type plugin can be active. In v3.4 as part of the chromecast plugin, MB supports any number of UpnP type plugins

Thanks Steven. When will v3.4 be released?

phred

• Global Moderator
Thanks Steven. When will v3.4 be released?
3.4 is still in alpha state. There's no timetable for release. Every now and then Steven will post a link to the latest 3.4 which you can then try. When he does, create a portable installation of 3.3 in a new directory and then extract the 3.4 files to that directory allowing existing files to be overwritten.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Khordo595

Wooo ! Thanks a lot...What a usefull Plugin. I'm huge fan of HQPlayer.

One small thing about your plugin (I'm using latest version of MB with a Portable install) :
When i start the first song, the plugin pass the correct file to HQPlayer...Good, but when i select other song, it always play the next one..

Example :
Double click on Track3, Track 3 appears in HQPlayer, but no sound, then it jumps to Track 4 directly...Etc...
Play Track 7, i hear track 8...

Any chance to see what happened here ?
Thanks a lot !

tracemouse

Hi,

Should be caused by some tracks could NOT be supported by HQPlayer because HQPlayer can only suport WAV(PCM)/FLAC/DSF/DFF/RAW.

Could you provide the detail information of the track what was skiped by HQPlayer?

Khordo595

Hi,

No it could be any kind of Flac / DSF File...

My test scenario is :

1. First launch HQPLayer (V 4.3.1) then Musicbee
2. Double click on any Flac or DSF file. It runs. Let's say it's track 3
3. Song is finished, track 4 is starting.
4. Double click again on track 3...I see track 3 information in HQP for 1sec, then jump to track 4 etc...

Starting from now, i need to select "Track -1" to hear the correct track. (I want to hear track 16, i double click on trac 15)...
BUT, if i exit Musicbee, run it again, my first selection will be playing correctly, then, it will go back again to the same weird behavior...

What can i do to give you other extra information on this ?
Thanks !

Acholate

Hi,

Thank you for doing this plugin.
I think I found a bug where it cant play 44.1/48 source back and forth.
It's only working fine for the first time, then when i change to another song in my library with different sample rate it wont work.
Seem like HQP adaptive out rate isnt working properly.
Not sure if it is only me.

Khordo595

Hi Acholate,

Just upgraded to HQP V4.5.1, no issue regarding different sample rates.

TheHybridVigor

Does this bypass all the playback settings within MusicBee? EQ, dsp/vst plugins, resampling inside MusicBee, volume correction?

New to HQPlayer..is choosing a filter and sampling rate the only option for EQ'ing in HQP?
I'm upsampling to 44.1/512 DSD with some of the popular filters and the results are amazing..no need to further EQ but just wondering. I thought I would be able to resample to 48kHz inside MusicBee and then upsample to 48/256 DSD..because someone on some forum said it sounded great. But no such luck, I can't get any output when resampling to 48kHz. And I don't see the point either, as all my redbook rips are 44.1kHz anyway.

I can't wait to try some sort of room correction convolution. At that point, I think I'll be ready to cough up the $220 for HQPlayer.

Volume correction, I believe is stored in the tag info of each track. Is this passed to HQP?

ShanLou

Wow, just what i needed! I've been trying Euphony distro, playing from HQPlayer Desktop from another PC but it's user interface is so poor and I don't like those Roon-looking players either... But now I can use MusicBee as interface and have the SQ of HQPlayer+Euphony, that's so nice...

One question though: Pausing music stops the playback completely, what would be the reason for that? Is it possible to get working like pause usually does?

KlausZeFlammenwerfer

I am having a very weird issue with this plugin, it works wonders but on particular tracks, whenever I skip to any point in the song, HQPlayer just skips that track.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1LRMEX1kQVZze0p1_90rR0KS-ZM-LNMsp/view?usp=sharing

I have uploaded a video of what is happening above. This issue does not happen when not using musicbee or when you don't skip anything.

KlausZeFlammenwerfer

I have checked again and this issue only seems to be happening with files above 320kbps.

SonicRings

I've been having the same issue others are having where skipping in any part of the track causes it to either stop or skip to the next track. Always thought that was normal/intentional.

Also, I'm having a new issue now where, on a new laptop, I set up HQPlayer 4, and playback works, but it will randomly stop after a few seconds. I haven't had this happen before on my old laptop, not sure what's going on here.

EDIT: The same is happening to my old laptop now, too. Strange. Haven't used this is months, now it just doesn't work like it used to.
Last Edit: October 09, 2021, 12:24:33 PM by SonicRings

hiccup

Honest question:
I believe that HQPlayer is a commercial product (and not cheap for that matter)
Do they perhaps invest in making add-ons available so that their product can e.g. be used with third party players such as foobar2000?
If so, perhaps request them to do the same for MusicBee?

That might be a better solution than using a UPnP plugin, and it would (probably) boost their revenue.
(assuming MusicBee users are willing to spend at least some 240 dollars to use their product)
Last Edit: April 08, 2022, 10:13:12 PM by hiccup