Author Topic: Files available in playlists, but not showing in library  (Read 1865 times)

tstenz

There are many files that I can't locate in my library, either by manually browsing or searching. I'm pretty sure they're actually there though, because I can see and play the ones that are in playlists in the same library. The only thing I could think of that could be causing this is some sort of filter, but I don't have one active.

Any other ideas?

frankz

They're either in the Inbox, Podcasts or Audiobooks.  Right click them and look at Send To. Whichever one is greyed-out is where they are.

Not that it matters where they are in the end. Right Click, Send To -> Music Library will get them to your library.

tstenz

OK, sending them to Library does work, but none of those things you mentioned are grayed out, and they're also empty if I open them.
I can use your suggestion fix the ones in playlists, but I assume I have a bunch more missing that are not in any playlist, so I'd like to figure out where all of the missing files are.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
If you loaded the playlists without also adding the files, then they will not be in the library. You can add the files by scanning the folders, or making monitored folders.  See Importing on the wiki.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

frankz

You can also select all of the files in the playlist and right click -> Send To.  If there are any files that are not in the Music Library, the option to send them will be available.

tstenz

The playlists were built using my existing library, some as recently as a few months ago.
Rescanning the Library folder doesn't find anything new, and the issue remains after doing a rescan of all files.

I just sent all playlist files to my Library, and now none of the files in one of said playlists can be found even though they're in my Library, which is exactly the issue I had in February that is probably behind all of this. I also noticed at least one file in a different playlist that is still not in the Library and now it's not even in the playlist it was just in anymore.

I'm sort of thinking I should just start from scratch.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Starting from scratch might help, but it's hard to say if we don't know what the problem is. Can you use the computer node to locate a missing file? Add the Category field to the main panel, it will tell you where in the library the file is (if it is at all).
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

tstenz

Resurrecting my old thread here.

Navigating to the file I know is now missing from my library, the Category shows as None.
To test why it wasn't being added when I rescan the parent folder, I created a new library and scanned the same parent folder to see what was added. About 1 out of every 6 files gave me an error of "System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object." Oddly enough, the file that went missing from my initial library was added to this one without any problems.

frankz

tstenz

I was on 3.1.6590, which is apparently outdated. But I just updated to 3.3 and tried another new library and got the same amount of errors.

frankz

I think the full error as reported would probably be helpful.  Steven knows what all the doodads and wxyslwidhgovlcie13le type codes mean.

More information about what format music files these are, where they are on your system (a NAS, internal drive, thumb drive, etc), what kind of tagging they carry, and whether you've checked their integrity with file verification tools would also be helpful.

Not a lot of information to go on here besides "nothing works and nothing fixes it."
Last Edit: May 18, 2020, 05:46:39 AM by frankz

Steven

• Administrator
in addition to what frankz said, could you send me a link to a zip of one or two of the files that didnt load