Author Topic: Tagging Mixtape and Feat. artist or Remixes  (Read 1583 times)

Tinidazone

1. How do you guys go about tagging mixtapes and DJ mixes? in tagging, these fields so they can reflect changes to Win Explorer

2. And how to for songs that has multiple artists (featuring or ...)
3. Or songs that have a version (remixes or covers)

I wear shades 😎 cuz you're just too bright 🔆

Babydoll32

1. Since I use FLAC for archiving I only have mixes/livesets with splitted files (which play gapless), which are all tagged separately. In the past (old MP3 times) I tagged title with set/mix name and artist with mixing DJ.

2 & 3. Let's say I've a song "Lena X Nico Santos - Better (MOKABY X Blondee &. Roberto Mozza Remix)", I go this way. Display and sort artist tag: "Lena X Nico Santos", then separate artists, artist:Lena, artist: Nico Santos, then remixer: MOKABY, remixer: Blondee, remixer: Roberto Mozza. Title tag: Better (MOKABY X Blondee &. Roberto Mozza Remix).

If I have a feat. in title, I set a guest artist tag and write the featuring artist into display and sort artist tag. I. E.
"David Guetta -
Can't You Feel The Change (featuring Chris Willis)", I'll tag display/sort artist: David Guetta featuring Chris Willis. Artist: David Guetta, guest artist: Chris Willis. Title tag: Can't You Feel The Change. Can't show you pictures yet, but hope it's understandable.

Tinidazone

Thank you

I had to read it multiple times to understand it. Pictures will help for newbies

To do all of that manual seem a time-consuming task. I will try.

Thanks
I wear shades 😎 cuz you're just too bright 🔆

Babydoll32

Thank you

I had to read it multiple times to understand it. Pictures will help for newbies

To do all of that manual seem a time-consuming task. I will try.

Thanks

Yes. It's a hard work to build up a good collection. And you must decide, if it's worth. It's just my hobby to fine tune my collection. I do it step-by-step, cause I know, it's a neverending story. I can also live with rudimentary tagged files, cause audio won't change. But I like it, when it becomes more perfection. BTW, you'll never find an app, which will satisfying doing this for you.

Here you can see, what I meant post before.