Author Topic: Musicbee / Poweramp genre tag separators  (Read 4875 times)

Babydoll32

Hi community,
I sync WiFi between MB <> Poweramp. Poweramp support multiple genre, but I don't know, how I have to setup separators within. How does MB separates multiple genres?

frankz

Just an FYI the semicolon is a display and entry contrivance / shortcut.  If you look in the tag inspector, there are actually multiple GENRE tags for files, not one separated by anything.

I use PowerAmp, and PowerAmp does read the multiple genre tags. It splits them out into individual genres in your library displays them in tags with a colon. 

In reality, though, these are both ways to display what are actually multiple genre tags in one line.

Babydoll32

Just an FYI the semicolon is a display and entry contrivance / shortcut.  If you look in the tag inspector, there are actually multiple GENRE tags for files, not one separated by anything.

I use PowerAmp, and PowerAmp does read the multiple genre tags. It splits them out into individual genres in your library displays them in tags with a colon. 

In reality, though, these are both ways to display what are actually multiple genre tags in one line.

Yes. A look into tag inspector is the answer, my fault.
But BTW, Poweramp takes only first genre. I. E. Soundgarden - Blackhole sun, I tagged with Grunge and Alternative rock. But only Grunge is displayed in Poweramp.

frankz

If you go to your library in Poweramp, though, and go to the genres, you will see Black Hole Sun listed under both the Grunge genre and Alternative Rock genre.  I verified that it works this way before my initial post.

Babydoll32

If you go to your library in Poweramp, though, and go to the genres, you will see Black Hole Sun listed under both the Grunge genre and Alternative Rock genre.  I verified that it works this way before my initial post.

Hi Frankz,
don't know why. But Poweramp doesn't for me. I checked also before I repost. I also took a look at the file with dbpoweramp tag editor on my desktop, to see if tags were transferred correctly and they did. But Poweramp library shows only Grunge. Other songs same.

frankz

Hmm...very strange.  You don't have "Replace genre tag with: Genre Category" checked in the device settings, do you?

What does it show if you long-press the song in Poweramp and look at the tags?

For the record, here's what I have (only screenshotted two of the three genres, but it's under each of them)

Tags:

Listed in Rock Genre:

Listed in Alternative Genre:

Babydoll32

Hmm...very strange.  You don't have "Replace genre tag with: Genre Category" checked in the device settings, do you?

What does it show if you long-press the song in Poweramp and look at the tags?

For the record, here's what I have (only screenshotted two of the three genres, but it's under each of them)]

No. And how I said, I send my file to desktop and all genres were showing.

That's what Poweramp shows me:

Maybe a format thing, because OGG?!

frankz

Babydoll32

Babydoll32

Yes, almost surely a file format issue.

Yes. Seems to be format issue. So, will go back to good ol' MP3.