Author Topic: MB doesn't sync playlists correctly anymore  (Read 3013 times)

Syrinq

Hey,

Since a month or so I've noticed that MusicBee doesn't sync .m3u playlist files correctly anymore. Once the sync has finished, none of the playlists actually get updated in the music app I use. All the individual music files I've added do get picked up on properly, though.

For testing, I've installed various other music apps. Upon installation they do pick up on the playlists, but after I've made any changes to the playlist in MusicBee, those changes won't be reflected in all the music apps I've tried.

I've tried resetting the cache, scanning files, etc. but that just doesn't make the playlists appear anymore. I always have to ''restore from backup'' in the music app I use, which is getting very annoying at this point (since I have to redo all the cover images I gave to the playlists as well, and the tracks aren't even updated in this backup version).

I'm at a loss on what to do. All my playlists have always been in the SD Card > Music > Playlists folder, and it's always updated after syncing in MusicBee. Any help would be appreciated, thank you.

phred

• Global Moderator
MB version? Help > About
Installer? Portable? Windows Store?
Wired sync or WiFi sync?
Music app on device?
In Device Settings is the path and format set correctly for the device?
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Syrinq

MB version? Help > About
Installer? Portable? Windows Store?
Wired sync or WiFi sync?
Music app on device?
In Device Settings is the path and format set correctly for the device?

Hi phred,

My MB version is the latest one, 3.3.7367, used the W10 installer from the downloads page
It's using wired sync, and the default music app I've been using is Muzio Player, which can be found here
I've seen other music apps not sync their playlists correctly anymore either, though
Upon installation of other apps they sometimes do/sometimes don't recognise the .m3u files, not sure why

Device settings is definitely correct, since all my music tracks DO sync correctly
It's just the playlists that don't sync
Both my tracks and my playlist .m3u files are all on my SD card
Moving both to internal storage didn't do anything for sync unfortunately

I've looked more into this yesterday and I've seen multiple posts about people not being able to sync their playlists in Android 10, which I just happened to update 2 days ago... I'm not sure if this is issue is on Android 10, MusicBee's behalf, Muzio Player or even all three  :-\

My playlists haven't been correctly syncing though for.. Around a week or two, I think

phred

• Global Moderator
I would suggest updating to the latest patch (see my sig) as I do recall Steven fixing something regarding Android 10 and playlists. I just don't remember when that was. The version you're using is from early March. It's worth a shot.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

CritterMan

• Now with FiiO M11!
It's the Unix convention for the paths. Using "\" won't work, "/" is required for Android 10. Check this thread:

https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=30274.msg171219#msg171219
Home Desk ~ MB 3.3 Portable • Questyle CMA400i (ASIO) • Sennheiser HD 660S (balanced) / Audeze EL-8 Closed Back / Fostex TR-X00 Ebony • Teac AI-101DA • Jamo C93 + Dayton Audio SUB-1000
Work Desk ~ MB 3.3 Portable / Tidal • SMSL SU-8 v2 • Nobsound NS-05P • THX AAA 789 • Sennheiser HD 58X (balanced)
OTG ~ FiiO M11 • Audiofly AF180 / B&O H6

Syrinq

I would suggest updating to the latest patch (see my sig) as I do recall Steven fixing something regarding Android 10 and playlists. I just don't remember when that was. The version you're using is from early March. It's worth a shot.

It's the Unix convention for the paths. Using "\" won't work, "/" is required for Android 10. Check this thread:

https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=30274.msg171219#msg171219

Hey, thank you both for your replies. I've installed the latest patch, but it doesn't seem to fix anything. I've opened the .m3u files MB has created in Notepad, and all the slashes are correctly written as "/", even tried clearing the caches and reinstalling apps, but it still doesn't update playlists after a sync. Tried using relative paths and without, no difference it seems except for the ".." being specified in the .m3u files.

If it helps anything, I've got a Samsung A40 with Android firmware A405FNXXU3BTC4 / A405FNOXM3BTC4 / A405FNXXU3BTBT7 (not sure why it's 3 different ones, but it's been updated since yesterday). I'm using a '3rd party Music Player', since I'm not using Samsung Music neither Google Play Music. (I've tried installing both of these, they initially pick up on the playlists, but they don't update anymore after changes have been made in MB and I've done the sync)

EDIT: I've looked at other threads posted in this subforum, and it seems that the issue described below is true for me as well. I've installed JRT Rocket Player, and that syncs any playlist changes after I just force the app to rescan the libraries. The other apps I've used haven't done that at all. It seems it might be an issue just on Android's end, I just hope they'll fix that issue soon :/

I did some more research I have found a solution!!!!   JRT ROCKET MUSIC PLAYER is the answer.

"I think @scottg_TC's guidance is incorrect.  This isn't isolated to only Google Play Music.  I've tried JRT Studio Music Player.  Found the same in Music PlayerPro forums while searching for a solution.

JRT Studio dev thinks there's a bug in the Android Media Store introduced in 10.  Media players that have their own internal database are un-affected (e.g. JRT Studio Rocket Player). All (?) media players that use the Android Media Store are affected (e.g. Google Play Music, JRT Studio Music player, BlastOn Music PlayerPro, etc.)."

I got chills down my spine. Finally, it works. I believe the advice to sync as opposed to export helped as well.

Thanks guys
Last Edit: April 23, 2020, 10:05:23 PM by Syrinq