Author Topic: Yet another question about compilations management and display!  (Read 8336 times)

campfred

@campfred, can you post a screenshot of what you mean by grouping? I can't seem to find it.

There is a GIF there already but it seem to not be showing for everyone? Anyway, 'edited my message to include a direct link to the GIF in question in case it doesn't show.
You should be able to find it there. :)

campfred

That's bizarre that the Music Explorer can't display that properly. I miticulously tag every artist and composer in the Track Artist field with each their role on that (Artist, Guest Artist, Remixer, etc.). I was certain that the artist list in the music explorer would pull out a list based on artists.

What officially does the Music Explorer rely on exactly for that list? Maybe that will help me understand it.
You can choose whats displayed in the left panel of the Music Explorer by clicking the button at the top of that panel. Under "Other tags" you can choose various types of artists. However I do so I overlooked the "Artists" tag which would show all artist types together. I will add that into the next patch update

edit:
https://getmusicbee.com/patches/MusicBee33_Patched.zip
unzip and replace the existing musicbee application files

May I ask where exactly is the « Other tags » part you mean in the MusicBee contextual menu?
I also will test the patch right away and report back on it shortly. Thank you very much!

Edit : I found what you were talking about, sorry! I also confirm that change does appear in the choices of the third and fourth lines.
Although, may I ask if you can shine some light on how am I supposed to tag compilations to get the tracks available under their respective artists in the explorer?
Last Edit: April 27, 2020, 08:03:34 PM by campfred

hiccup

I think I found something. The grouping is not allowing us to change it anymore.
Clearly, we're supposed to have multiple options but there's only one now.

Nothing changed.
The first field has always been a toggle 'Album Artist' on/off as being a criterion for grouping.
You're supposed to use lines 3 and 4 to have multiple options and refine your grouping criteria.

campfred

I think I found something. The grouping is not allowing us to change it anymore.

Nothing changed.
The first field has always been a toggle 'Album Artist' on/off as being a criterion for grouping.
You're supposed to use lines 3 and 4 to have multiple options and refine your grouping criteria.

But if I use lines 3 and 4, Monstercat for example get 69 albums instead of 2 and it doesn't solve my problem of compilation albums not showing up under the contributing artists' pages.
Here's a screenshot mockup that I made to try better explain what I'm talking about that's not happening :
These two tracks are made by Pegboard Nerds, right?

Therefore, that same album should appear under Pegboard Nerds' page...but it's missing.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
In can see your gif now, but all your screenshots are too fuzzy to read
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

campfred

How? They're FHD PNG (lossless) files that likely fill your screen unless you have like a 4K or a 5K screen. Are you actually opening them or making fun of me?

4nubis

Nothing changed.

But if I use lines 3 and 4, Monstercat for example get 69 albums instead of 2 and it doesn't solve my problem of compilation albums not showing up under the contributing artists' pages.
Here's a screenshot mockup that I made to try better explain what I'm talking about that's not happening :
These two tracks are made by Pegboard Nerds, right?

Therefore, that same album should appear under Pegboard Nerds' page...but it's missing.

YES! That is what I was expecting too in the Music Explorer but for some reason it's not happening!

4nubis

I can see them fine. There might be a problem with your setup.
Last Edit: April 28, 2020, 12:13:00 AM by psychoadept

psychoadept

• Global Moderator

How? They're FHD PNG (lossless) files that likely fill your screen unless you have like a 4K or a 5K screen. Are you actually opening them or making fun of me?

No, it must have been imgur and my phone. They're fine on my desktop. Sorry about that.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
One thing I notice is that you have the header menu hidden, which is where you can configure both the field shown in the thumbnail browser as well as some of the other panel options.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

campfred

One thing I notice is that you have the header menu hidden, which is where you can configure both the field shown in the thumbnail browser as well as some of the other panel options.

Well, that's how it is in the default configuration. So, I was not aware of the existence of a menu bar.

...but after looking at it, it's just switching from tucking it under a nice small button to a bar integrated with the title bar or even in its own dedicated menu bar. Am I looking at the wrong thing?

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I don't think we're talking about the same thing. It sounds like you mean the menu (File, Edit, etc). The header bar is the part where it says "Artiste de l'album".
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

campfred

I don't think we're talking about the same thing. It sounds like you mean the menu (File, Edit, etc). The header bar is the part where it says "Artiste de l'album".

Yeah. I just noticed. 'Completely missed that on my test install.
Now, I'm trying to find where I can toggle it back so that I can try if it can help me out. 😅

Steven

• Administrator

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Completely missed that on my test install.
Now, I'm trying to find where I can toggle it back so that I can try if it can help me out. 😅

Use the layout button next to the search box
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)