Author Topic: Windows 10 Cumulative Update Failure  (Read 536 times)

Dryst

There was a Windows 10 update release in the middle of March 2020 that resulted in my computer no longer starting Windows.  I actually tried out this update before it was officially rolled out when it was in a preview state.  The update failed miserably for me, and Auto Repair reverted back to my working Windows 10 version.  For reasons only Microsoft knows, they decided to roll this unstable update out to PRODUCTION and make it the default Windows version for everyone now.  Now updating Windows to the latest version results in Windows startup failure.  Long story short, I had to restore my computer from a back-up image that is about two months old.

I lost a lot in that two month time period including lots of MusicBee updates.  I re-scanned my entire library and am making changes to bring it up to date.  It looks like some of my thumbnails are missing, and I do not see anyway for MusicBee to rebuild thumbnails for my tracks.  Here is an example:

This file has complete album art embedded within the tag as well as art in its folder.  All of my files have art, so I suspect the restore caused this issue.  The artwork shows without issue when the file is being played.  The thumbnail is simply missing when it is in a playlist.

Is there anyway I can rebuild these thumbnails?

Thanks.

hiccup

Is there anyway I can rebuild these thumbnails?

Have you tried: Preferences > Tags (1) > artwork storage > Edit List... > Rescan Artwork

If that doesn't help, you could also try: Tools > Advanced > Reset Artwork Cache

Dryst

Thanks!  That resolved the issue.

I also see why the thumbnail is not showing too: