Download the plugin from the add-on link here
.NB: Only works with MusicBee 3.5.8338 and later versions.
I came across this thread
some time ago and also thought this would be an interesting and fun thing to have in MusicBee.
Probably not exactly what is described there, but it's close.
All comments are welcome. Let the games begin!Installation
- Download the mb_LibraryQuiz
- Then locate and select it from MusicBee > Edit > Preferences > Plugins > Add Plugin
- Lastly, dock the "Library Quiz" element to any panel of your choosing in View -> Arrange Panels...How It Works
- The plugin will pick a random track from your library.
- Then you'll have to type in whatever values you think correspond with the track tags.
- Your answer will only be evaluated once the field is out of focus i.e when you move on to the next field or click anywhere outside the current field.
- After evaluation, the correct answer will get displayed on that specific field and the scores will get incremented accordingly (1 point for each correct answer).
- Clicking on the track's correct album cover will also earn you a point.
- The round artist picture does not do anything; it's only there to jog your memory.
- You are free to make an attempt on any or all of the 6 fields - you won't get penalized for leaving a field unanswered.
- Click on the track title when you're ready to move on to the next round.Customization
- The colours used by the plugin are that of the current skin.
- If you're not entirely happy with some of them, you can override them from this folder ...MusicBee\AppData\mb_LibraryQuiz\Skins