Author Topic: Fixing mismatched artists from last.fm in the Music Explorer or Artists views  (Read 1076 times)

pseudonym

Hi everyone,

Is it possible to "fix" the matched artist from last.fm in the Music Explorer or Artist view? Some artists in my library are mismatched to the wrong artist, due to multiple artists with the same name on last.fm or they are listed under a different name or alias. Is it possible to fix the matching, similar to how Plex allows users to, with a search tool? Additionally, is it possible to manually edit the artist's picture, bio, similar artists, top tracks, etc. through the UI without changing the music files (I don't want the artist's artwork to be embedded within the music files themselves)?

Note: I know that I can change the artist's artwork in AppData\Local\MusicBee\InternalCache\ArtistThumbs, but MusicBee sometimes overwrites my changes, and I don't know how to edit manually the *.similar.dat files in the AppData\Local\MusicBee\InternalCache\ArtistData, they appear to contain binary.

Likewise, is it possible to manually edit the Podcast artwork through the UI? I have changed the podcast artwork in AppData\Local\MusicBee\InternalCache\Subscriptions, but MusicBee sometimes overwrites my changes.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

-- Pseudonym