Author Topic: Prefix string to fix playlists for Android 10 phones  (Read 4159 times)

8166UY

In Android 10 playlists do not work anymore. This is due to a change in how internal path are read.

Basically it comes down to prefixing every referenced music file with the string "/storage/emulated/0", as I stated here:

https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=31269.0

My suggestion would be to add an option to the playlist synchronisation menu where you can click a checkbox with something like "Device uses Android version 10 or higher".

frankz

I'm on Android 10
My playlists are like /Music/<Artist>/<Album>/<Filename>
My playlists work just fine
On what basis can you state "In Android 10 playlists do not work anymore"?

8166UY

I've got 3 phones which worked untill they got updated to Android 10. One of them for instance is a OnePlus 6T. Do note that many Custom ROMs already fixed this, so if you are running one of those, you should indeed not need to do this. Also with my Samsung S8 it seems to work on and off, with every update being a surprise if it breaks anything. :P

Something else to consider is that if you apply that prefix, all Android 10 phones work. Also the ones who happen to not have the problem.

8166UY

Haha, that makes it all even weirder. One might suspect that Samsung would even out the software between similar devices, but I must say I'm not surprised they didn't. I work in software development, and they tend to fiddle around with run-of-the-mill API's as well between devices of what I've heard. Ah well, you got lucky it seems. ;)

frankz

I think you should read the numerous threads here about Android 10 and apply the provided patch and maybe try adjusting your "use relative paths" setting in your device settings.

8166UY