Author Topic: Top Tracks refresh?  (Read 9583 times)

nando666

I just wrote a test plugin to update the counters on file. Everything works great but I'm unable to force a refresh, at least in the Music Explorer showing the Top Tracks panel.

I'm using MB_RefreshPanels without effect. Tried different thread approaches, and even "timed" the refresh but nothing is working. I made sure the tag in the files is updated prior to the refresh (and commited to file), and you can even check the new play count via Edit file or manually refreshing via F5. The built in refresh seems to work also when you first start MusicBee (and have the Sync Play Count option on).

I also made sure the MB_RefreshPanels() is being triggered. Somebody has faced such problem?

Steven

• Administrator
MB_RefreshPanels() is the correct function to use. Its an oversight that the Music Explorer doesnt get refreshed - thats corrected for the next v3.4 update

edit:
its also done for v3.3
https://getmusicbee.com/patches/MusicBee33_Patched.zip
unzip and replace the existing musicbee application files
Last Edit: April 20, 2020, 12:16:50 PM by Steven

nando666

Thanks for the quick reply! I was already using the latest 3.3 but no cigar. Tested you latest 3.3 patch (I think I was using it already) and nothing. Guess I'd be fixed in the 3.4? Thanks again!

Steven

• Administrator
did you download it and follow the instructions

nando666

Yeah. Excerpt from the code I'm running:

Api.Library_CommitTagsToFile(url);

Api.MB_SetBackgroundTaskMessage("Play count for " + artist + " - " + title + " (" + Api.NowPlayingList_GetFileTag(position, (MetaDataType)FilePropertyType.PlayCount) + ")");

Api.MB_RefreshPanels();

No signs of refresh, and correct (updated) playcount.

Steven

• Administrator

nando666

Hi! Thanks for the ultraquick reply and update. I'm afraid it still doesnt work. Made sure and double checked I updated correctly (and that I downloaded your updated patch). I doubt it has something to do but I'm using the portable version.

Steven

• Administrator
In that case I wont be able to help further

nando666

Thanks for taking a look at it anyways! Will keep checking if you managed to solve it in the 3.4 and future versions.

phred

• Global Moderator
(and that I downloaded your updated patch). I doubt it has something to do but I'm using the portable version.
The patches Steven issues are good for the installer and the portable versions, but not for the Store version.

And make sure you're downloading the -latest- patch since a patch you downloaded previously probably has already been updated by Steven. Neither the URL to the patch, nor the filename of the patch changes between updates. The only way to tell if it's different is to look at the version number in the .exe properties. Or installing it and looking at Help > About.

The latest patch is always available via my sig.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

nando666

(and that I downloaded your updated patch). I doubt it has something to do but I'm using the portable version.
The patches Steven issues are good for the installer and the portable versions, but not for the Store version.

And make sure you're downloading the -latest- patch since a patch you downloaded previously probably has already been updated by Steven. Neither the URL to the patch, nor the filename of the patch changes between updates. The only way to tell if it's different is to look at the version number in the .exe properties. Or installing it and looking at Help > About.

The latest patch is always available via my sig.

Yeah, downloaded the latest version but seems the problem is not fixed. What's the "Store" version anyways? Windows Store? Thanks for taking the time posting the reply / trying to help!

phred

• Global Moderator
Yes, the Store version is the Windows Store version which I don't recommend using. Mainly because it isn't updated with patches. Also because Windows takes too much control over it and can often present problems.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here