Author Topic: Now Playing panel config enhancements  (Read 25309 times)

VX

Steven, thank you very much for the enhancements.  :) I think the new view looks great, but it needs a little polish:

1) I agree with fish's suggestion to rename the view. "Playlist Player" sounds much better IMHO, because the name is short and clearly explains what it really is.

2) I think that's why right-click/Configure Layout/Now Playing List doesn't work when "View Mini Player with Playlist" is chosen (it's impossible for me to change the options). If it's not a bug, right-click/Configure Layout/Now Playing List should be removed form Mini Player with Playlist View (the layout options work when Now Playing list is docked to Main Panel though).

3) When Equalizer is chosen form Mini Player with Playlist View it's sometimes hidden behind the player (depends on the player position). I think it should be shown above the player no matter the player position.

VX

- When rating is changed it is updated in the playlist but not in the top song information panel.
I can't confirm it.

Steven

• Administrator
2) I think that's why right-click/Configure Layout/Now Playing List doesn't work when "View Mini Player with Playlist" is chosen (it's impossible for me to change the options). If it's not a bug, right-click/Configure Layout/Now Playing List should be removed form Mini Player with Playlist View (the layout options work when Now Playing list is docked to Main Panel though).
its intentional to show that you cant remove the playlist

VX

its intentional to show that you cant remove the playlist

Do You really think that someone is about to remove the playlist form Playlist View  ??? It doesn't make sense for me. 

Steven

• Administrator
Feature requests:
- One-click button to swap from Mini-Player to the new "Mini-Player with Playlist" view and back
- Add tab for Lyrics

Bugs:
- Add "track rating" in "Customise panel settings": Screen doesn't update until track is changed, until then the artwork is split and rating isn't shown.
- When rating is changed it is updated in the playlist but not in the top song information panel.
- Changed "<Title>" to 1 row span instead of 2. Didn't update in screen, but now the Song information panel is cropped by the play controls which have moved up about 10px and go overtop of the bottom line "MP3 44.1kHz 160k VBR etc".

Suggestion:
- Rename "Mini-Player with Playlist" to "Playlist Player"
renamed to "Playlist Player" (not completely happy with that either but its better than now)
A lyrics tab is now shown (and can he hidden) when track information is displayed with the player controls
hotkey added to show "Playlist player"
bugs are fixed, except i had no problems with "- When rating is changed it is updated in the playlist but not in the top song information panel."

3) When Equalizer is chosen form Mini Player with Playlist View it's sometimes hidden behind the player (depends on the player position). I think it should be shown above the player no matter the player position.
thats fixed now, along with http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=3145.0

http://www.mediafire.com/?ycjvgig4cw21e36

VX

Thanks a lot Steven  :) I regret to inform You the link doesn't work for me  :(

Steven

• Administrator

VX

I've finally downloaded the player  :) Version 1.2.4111 works great for me. All the bugs I've reported recently have been fixed successfully  8)
Thank you very much Steven  :)

Sarge

Now that we can customize the Notification window. It would be nice when you set the Width to the same as the Mini Player, and you could have it Dock up under it.
Plus option to set it to stay ON..It makes a nice cool Thin Mini Player.

Setting it to 100 high X the mini player width looks nice. You could toggle it on/off from the mini player

aidanw

All the bugs I reported earlier are gone too, cheers!

Yeah, I'm not super happy with "Playlist Player" either. Sounds pretty corny. It's more like a "Playing Now Playlist Player". ugh. I guess the function is that it's a cut-down main player, which is best described as "Mini".

I think someone earlier suggested renaming the current "Mini-Player" to be "Micro-Player" and make this one the Mini-Player. That probably makes sense, but I don't like "Micro-Player", because that sounds really really tiny to me, and I don't think of it being that micro.
How about:
"Mini-Player" becomes => "Mini-bar Player"
"Playlist Player" becomes => "Mini-window Player"
Still not super happy with these either...

Something unexpected: I can show playlist player at the same time as mini-player using the hotkey. And close it with the hotkey. But when I click "X" expecting to close playlist player, it quits MB completely.
(I know this makes sense, as X always quits, but when it pops up separately I expect I can close it like in WinAmp or other player that have popup extra windows).

Could there be a view switch button, like in Windows Media Player, to swap between views?
- provides a way to cycle through views.
- small enough to not take up too much space
- same icon on button in all three interfaces to make it recognisable: main player, mini-player, playlist player
- switches to the next view in a defined order.
- could be in the Control bar next to minimise/maximise/close
At the moment I worry for new users this feature isn't intuitive enough

jlarrym

Following fish's train of thought. I suggest the bar player be named the "Bar Player" and the "Playlist Player" named the "Mini Player". My only other suggestion would be instead of "Playlist Player" maybe "List Player" which sounds a little less redundant. I do like the first suggestions much better though.

Greb

Last changes were really great  :)

A small detail. Last version, someway, the line in the right side of the panel (playlist view) disappeared.

PS Some moment this week I'll change the icon in skin for the one in the mail. I'm making a new 'darker pop' skin that looks better with the new playlist view (yeap, I love this view too  ;D)

Steven

• Administrator
Following fish's train of thought. I suggest the bar player be named the "Bar Player" and the "Playlist Player" named the "Mini Player". My only other suggestion would be instead of "Playlist Player" maybe "List Player" which sounds a little less redundant. I do like the first suggestions much better though.
i think your first suggestion is a good idea. So the current mini player becomes "bar player" and current "playlist player" becomes "mini player". i guess the only downside is it will cause some initial confusion

VX

Could there be a view switch button, like in Windows Media Player, to swap between views?
- provides a way to cycle through views.
- small enough to not take up too much space
- same icon on button in all three interfaces to make it recognisable: main player, mini-player, playlist player
- switches to the next view in a defined order.
- could be in the Control bar next to minimise/maximise/close
At the moment I worry for new users this feature isn't intuitive enough

+ 1 for this idea. It would be very intuitive this way  :)

i think your first suggestion is a good idea. So the current mini player becomes "bar player" and current "playlist player" becomes "mini player". i guess the only downside is it will cause some initial confusion

I like this suggestion too (especially Bar Player  8)) And what about Compact Player instead of "Playlist Player"  ???

hellomusic

Haven't been around for a while, but this new playlist ui is really great!