Author Topic: Duplicates shown in library of files that no longer exist?  (Read 797 times)

DeadHead

I renamed/moved a lot of the folders containing some flac dead shows. Now the library has duplicates of all of them, but only the new source works (as it should), the old source still shows and when clicking on it says that the file location can't be found (it doesn't exist). So, after rescanning all files, why are they still there? I tried searching a few other threads but it seems that my situation is slightly different than what I could find.

phred

• Global Moderator
It sounds like you renamed/moved the files from outside MB, like with File Explorer or some such. You can't expect MB to know about changes made outside of its system.

That being said, using a file explorer have you looked at the former location of the files? Are you certain they're not there any longer?

In MB try right-clicking on one of the files that shouldn't be appearing, then go to Search and then locate in Computer Node. If that brings you to a location, make note of it and then use File Explorer to go to that location and see what's there.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

sveakul

Also try:  Tools->Advanced->Compress Library, which removes entries of files that no longer exist in the library.