Author Topic: Library on Micro SD card  (Read 805 times)

thisisjohn

So I'm looking to buy a Microsoft Surface Pro 7, and I'm debating between the 256gb and 512gb models. I thought about getting the 1tb model, but it's way too much. I decided to go with a lower storage space when I found out you can use a Micro SD card for extra space.

My issue is the vast amount of my data is my music library, so that's probably what I'm going to put on my SD card. I just want to confirm that I can keep my entire library on an SD card with Music Bee. I've done some searching, and I haven't really been able to get a solid answer one way or the other.

frankz

I can't think of a reason why this would be a problem.  I think a lot of people have their libraries stored on removable storage.

thisisjohn

I can't think of a reason why this would be a problem.  I think a lot of people have their libraries stored on removable storage.
Well, a couple of threads I read, like this one: https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=28495.msg158203#msg158203, mentioned some people having issues trying to get a library on an SD card. I don't have a way to test it with my current set up so I just wanted to confirm that it will work before I buy a new laptop

frankz

There are always a few people who can't get things that work for everyone else to work for them. Who knows why?  User error, questionable cheap knock-off media - who knows?

All I know is that, as I said on that thread, I have one library that I manage that exists solely on a removable thumb drive in a USB hub and it works just fine.  Evidence around here would suggest that plenty of people with their libraries on external an other non-permanent storage are getting on just fine.