Author Topic: I need tutorial, "how to " put musicians in all my MusiBee Collection  (Read 2085 times)

jaumegus

• Apasionado del Jazz, mas de 50.000 cd´s
Hi all.
I´m from Barcelona.
At this moment I have a good jazz collection in a MusicBee.
Tracks 77.359
CD´S : 7396
I need a tutorial "how to" add musicians ( and instruments) to my collection.
90% is Flac
10 % is MP3

I am unable to find the method of how to add the labels of the musicians to the songs that are in the collection
Can somebody help me.??
My English is poor, but I can use the google translator as help.
any advice is welcome.

I have tried almost all the music cataloguers available, both paid and free. MusicBee, without discussion, is by far the best. Do not wrinkle with this extensive collection

James, confined in barcelona, ​​taking advantage to improve the jazz collection

Thanks and greetings to all.
Any comment, help or suggestion will be welcome

hiccup

Welcome to the forum and MusicBee jaumegus.

The best source for retrieving musicians and instruments information is the MusicBrainz database.

MusicBee by itself is not able to retrieve such information from MusicBrainz.
You will need MusicBrainz' Picard tagger to get these tags written to your files.
When the tags have been written by Picard, you can rescan the files in MusicBee and you will be able to have them displayed.

At first it can be challenging to understand the workings of Picard, but it's the best way to achieve what you want.

There is a thread dedicated to it here:
https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=16538.0

jaumegus

Thank you very much for your kind response, Hipo

I see that I have hours and hours of work, research and tests.

If the ending is happy, I don't worry about spending time with my collection.

hiccup

I am not sure but I may have made an incorrect assumption about what you were asking:

If you want to retrieve artists and instruments and get them added (semi) automatically, my previous answer stands.

But if you meant that you want to enter artists and instruments yourself manually, getting the information from album covers or booklets, you can do that in MusicBee by using the Tag Editor and the Artist Splitter:

I just thought to add this comment in case I misunderstood and may have led you on a wrong path.

jaumegus