Author Topic: Is it possible to permanently set the Now Playing image by album or by artist?  (Read 1981 times)

zhair

The artist I listen to most shares a name with at least two other artists. Although the artist biography info displayed is for the right one, the Now Playing image cycles through images also pertaining to the other artists with similar names, using images not available locally in my storage.

I think it would be more appropriate to have the cover art of the album currently playing. Is it possible do that? I have lost track of how many times I’ve clicked on Ban Image since MusicBee gets it wrong two out of three times.

Steven

• Administrator
Change the view used in the Now Playing tab to "Large Album". Click the "Now Playing" button on the top left of the panel to select it

Steven

• Administrator
well spotted, and the email address used by this person agrees with that theory!

phred

• Global Moderator
May be some spam links incoming.
I'm not so sure about that. On the reddit post the OP has replied with further questions to the answers provided.

What I've seen lately is that users are in a rush for an answer. They either post the same question in both reddit and MB, or they post in one and if they don't see a reply soon enough they copy/paste to the other.

My thinking is that the OP here is/was legit.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

frankz

The identical post was posted here on March 22 and deleted for spam links.  Here's a screenshot with the spam links from Google's cache.

I find it hard to believe this person would have the exact same question as the spammer and word it in exactly the same way as the spammer, but I guess it's possible  :-\

Here's the most recent reply from the (legit) reddit OP:
Absolutely fantastic! Thank you very much for your help. You’ve made me so happy! :D
Last Edit: April 15, 2020, 02:26:04 PM by frankz

phred

• Global Moderator
Yeah, I admit it's rather weird.

I suppose I could lock the thread now to prevent a spam link showing up. Or I can wait until someone reports that a spam link has appeared.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

frankz

Looks like Steven already deactivated his/her ability to add a spam link.  I think we should leave it up as a testament to my brilliance ;D  (and also Steven's answer to the question, but mostly my keen eye  ;) ).

phred

• Global Moderator
I think we should leave it up as a testament to my brilliance ;D  (and also Steven's answer to the question, but mostly my keen eye  ;) ).
Let the record show ...        :)

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki