Author Topic: Line-in recording using standard input  (Read 2951 times)

MusicBeeRocks1024

Hi everyone :)

Long time user of MusicBee and first time poster in the forum.

I just wanted to start by saying MusicBee is my music manager of choice now - and i LOVE it!
The support for playing/encoding/decoding Opus alone was enough to get me hooked :D

My wishlist request is for line-in encoding using the format converter (similar to CD ripping but with input from stdin piped to the encoder.

Is this possible or planned in a future release?

Thanks!

Rana

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
If not, have you tried Audacity?
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

MusicBeeRocks1024

Hi Psychoadept,
I am not sure if Audacity is capable doing this either. I used a line-in software program years ago called LineRip which took audio in at the soundcard's line-in and wrote an mp3 file directly to the hard drive (with no intermediate wave file), but can't find it anymore.

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8849 P
or you could try MP3 My MP3
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

MusicBeeRocks1024

vectorgeist

To anyone stumbling upon this thread now, DO NOT download this software from the site linked here. The file is laced with a Trojan called Ulthar.A!ml.

phred

• Global Moderator
To anyone stumbling upon this thread now, DO NOT download this software from the site linked here. The file is laced with a Trojan called Ulthar.A!ml.
The user who posted the link is a well-respected and very long-term forum member, so I'd like to know your source for your claim.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8849 P

8 years ago when I posted that link there was certainly nothing wrong with it.
Testing again now it does redirect to their updated site https://mp3mymp3.digitalliquid.com/index.html where you can still download mp3mymp3install.exe that, according to VirusTotal, one vendor out of seventy-two has it flagged as possibly containing Adware.Win32.Relevant.vl!n
No mention of any trojans.

As with any software you download, you use it at your own risk. Just because I have had no problems with it doesn't mean your "mieage may not vary".

Just remember even MusicBee occasionaly gets reported as having malicious content.

PS. It should also be noted that the Adware.Win32.Relevant.vl!n claim is very likely a false positive as Adware.Win32 is predominately embedded in code for downloading rarely in .exe files.
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

vectorgeist

The user who posted the link is a well-respected and very long-term forum member, so I'd like to know your source for your claim.

My source is windows defender, which detected a specific virus by name, very low chance it was a false positive. Its entirely possible (and likely) that the link has somehow been compromised since they initially posted it. There are instances of this happening.
Last Edit: February 02, 2024, 05:33:50 AM by vectorgeist

vectorgeist

8 years ago when I posted that link there was certainly nothing wrong with it.
Testing again now it does redirect to their updated site https://mp3mymp3.digitalliquid.com/index.html where you can still download mp3mymp3install.exe that, according to VirusTotal, one vendor out of seventy-two has it flagged as possibly containing Adware.Win32.Relevant.vl!n.  
No mention of any trojans.

As with any software you download, you use it at your own risk. Just because I have had no problems with it doesn't mean your "mieage may not vary".

Just remember even MusicBee occasionaly gets reported as having malicious content.

PS. It should also be noted that the Adware.Win32.Relevant.vl!n claim is very likely a false positive as Adware.Win32 is predominately embedded in code for downloading rarely in .exe files.

Im fairly certain it wasnt a false positive. I downloaded the file they have available and windows defender flagged a specific Trojan by name. Its most likely that the site itself has been compromised since you have posted this link, my intent wasnt to accuse you of trying to infect peoples PC with a virus.
Last Edit: February 02, 2024, 05:34:26 AM by vectorgeist