Author Topic: Solution to Android 10 Playlist Syncing Issue  (Read 5189 times)

veermaharaj

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 11
PATCH HAS ALREADY BEEN ISSUED BY STEVEN BUT NEEDS TO BE MANUALLY APPLIED.

https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=30862
https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=30840.0

PATCH HAS ALREADY BEEN ISSUED BY STEVEN BUT NEEDS TO BE MANUALLY APPLIED.


So i finally figured out how to solve the issue with playlists turning up empty on android 10 after syncing.

Short and simple, the file addresses in the playlist file (m3u) need to be using the UNIX style file addresses, aka a forward slash with a relative address.

Basically

This will not work:

C:\Users\Veer\Music\3 Doors Down\3 Doors Down\3 Doors Down - CitizenSoldier.mp3

But this will:

../Music/3 Doors Down/3 Doors Down/3 Doors Down - CitizenSoldier.mp3

===================================

I've started manually running my playlists through a find and replace tool to get my phone to pick them up, but to say that is a hassle is an understatement.

Mediamonkey already allows playlists to be formatted in the manner when syncing, however, Mediamonkey needs to recopy every song every time it syncs... That is just insane.

So under device syncing options in Musicbee, an option to have playlists sync with relative file addresses ../ and unix style file addresses / would solve the problem.

The current relative style address Mediamonkey uses omits the two dots at the beginning of each address, and that prevents the playlist from working.

Regards.

PATCH HAS ALREADY BEEN ISSUED BY STEVEN BUT NEEDS TO BE MANUALLY APPLIED.

https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=30862
https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=30840.0

PATCH HAS ALREADY BEEN ISSUED BY STEVEN BUT NEEDS TO BE MANUALLY APPLIED.

LINK TO PATCH HERE:
https://getmusicbee.com/patches/MusicBee33_Patched.zip
Last Edit: April 16, 2020, 04:48:32 AM by veermaharaj


papergodzilla

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 4
Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but it looks like this option is missing in the current version and the manual patch links are dead now. (I get a 404 page)

Am I missing something, or is there another way to fix this now?


boroda

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 4740
The most recent version (3.5) will still have the fix.

https://getmusicbee.com/patches/MusicBee35_Patched.zip
this may be not so easy.

@papergodzilla, which mb version are you using now? you better 1st upgrade to mb 3.5RC2 using official "installer" (word "installer" is in quotes because there is also "installer" for mb portable). 

papergodzilla

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 4
I was running 3.5.8384, but installed 3.5RC2.

I missed the first time that Steven mentioned the fix only applies for MTP or wifi sync devices. I did attempt a sync of just 1 playlist over MTP and it did default to unix style forward slash (I was still unable to see a toggle option, but this is not an issue for me). Sorry for that oversight... embarrassing for me.

However, I was trying to do this for a usb device because my phone transfers usb->sd card very very slowly. Unfortunately I can't use wifi sync because of the other issue that it requires root sd card access, which is no longer allowed.

Are there any other methods I might be able to try?

Thanks so much for your responses

boroda

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 4740
you could try this plugin to sync your phone over wifi. though i'm not sure how it works with latest android versions. more exactly: i'm not sure how "resilio sync" (it's plugin companion app) works with latest android versions.

papergodzilla

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 4

papergodzilla

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 4
Just circling back here in case anyone else comes looking for a solution.

Sync Links with Resilio Sync looks like it would definitely do the job! Thank you, and great work on the plugin boroda :)
For my particular use case, I realized I don't need Sync Links though (i.e. I was actually already using the option to "preserve folder and file names"). So I instead configured MusicBee to automatically export the playlists to the same path relative to my root music folder; that way the relative path will be the same when it gets to my Android device. Setting up Resilio Sync also worked great and it was pretty straightforward following their instructions. If the majority of your files are already synced, just turn on the advanced options so that you can sync to an existing folder on your phone.

Thank you again!

Important note of caution: I'm not sure what exactly caused it, but when I first realized I don't need Sync Links I decided to uninstall it. When I did, MusicBee popped up an error and all of my music files got deleted (except for 2 random songs for some reason). Resilio was also in the middle of indexing my music at the time, so that could have been related. I was panicking at the time so I closed the error output without thinking... but it turned out ok for me since all of my music was actually on my sd card already.