Author Topic: Inbox shows 10 items, but there are no files in the listing.  (Read 2132 times)

mrbenn

I've cleared the folder that acts as the inbox on disk, done a compress library, restarted MB, but it still shows 10.

I also added items then merged them into the library but it still shows 10.

How do I clear these phantom items?

phred

• Global Moderator
Did you delete the files from within MB, or using a file explorer?
If you deleted them using an explorer, MB has no idea that they've been deleted, unless the folder is a monitored folder. In this situation oa monitored folder would pop up a warning "the following files aren't where they used to be. Remove them from the dababase?" Or someithing similar to that. Always delete files and folders from within MB.

I suggest doing a file rescan. Perhaps of your entire library.
Last Edit: April 10, 2020, 09:12:18 PM by phred
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

mrbenn

Yes the only file explorer action is moving from my downloads folder to the "incoming" folder on my music drive. After that everything is done in MusicBee.

I'm doing a rescan as I write this, but its a large library so will post again once that completes.

Thanks

mrbenn

It shows 10 to the left of the inbox item in the sidebar. The inbox itself is empty.

edit: screenshot -  https://imgur.com/wAr8Dm1

Steven

• Administrator
That is strange. Could you send me a link to your settings file (help/ support/ view settings)

Steven

• Administrator
I cant reproduce this using your settings, however i don't have the custom view you have.
Perhaps try temporarily changing the view used in the main panel to Album and Tracks to see if the files appear.

mrbenn

I've tried changing the view and nothing showed. I also created an auto playlist that should only show items in the inbox and this also came up empty (but does work as expected with items actually in the inbox).

Steven

• Administrator
I am quite baffled by this. I guess you could send me your library so i can try that in combination with your settings.
If you are OK to do that, its
MusicBeeLibrary.mbl in the root Music\MusicBee folder

Steven

• Administrator
The issue is for file N:\RedTopia\Done\VA - Quicksilver (1986, CD, US, 81631-2) [FLAC]\10 - Tony Banks - Quicksilver Suite II - Crash Landing.flac
it has an invalid cuesheet, where line 7 says TILE instead of FILE

Its possible that even if you correct the cuesheet MB might not refresh and still have the issue

Of course MB should be able to handle that better so i will look into what can be done

Steven

• Administrator

mrbenn

Amazing! That now shows the offending file in the inbox and the number is correct.

Thank you for your help!