Author Topic: [Request] Skins based on Nord palette  (Read 8893 times)

Ansem

Hi everyone!
I wanted to propose some skins based on Nord palette:
https://github.com/arcticicestudio/nord
This palette is really great and I already use it on differend programs!
I would love to see some skins based on Polar Night or Frost in particular!

fred

Funnily I'm working on a skin roughly based on the same principle - I've tried to PM you but it doesn't your user name. if you PM me we can start a discussion about how you could accomplish this

fred

Ansem

I would invert the colors: the darker colors as background and the lighter to highlight things for example.

fred

sn0uts

Would also be very interested in a Nord theme.

Fred, have you tried using the palette according to the documentation? Night greys for base elements, blues for highlight etc...

billhickok

What a coincidence...I've been thinking for a while now that MusicBee would be absolutely beautiful with Nord colors!

In my opinion, the stock MusicBee Dark-Metro skins would look beautiful in this color palette. For example, this skin:

https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=10884.0

But with these colors:

https://www.nordtheme.com/docs/colors-and-palettes

As I envisioned it in my head:

-Instead of the dark gray and black colors used in the Dark-Metro background, the different shades of Nord's Polar Night.
-Snow Storm would be used for the main library text (song titles, artists, etc.)
-Frost would be the highlights, duration bar, etc.
-Aurora for the text in the headers and footers, the tab titles, and/or any toolbar icons.

I think this would be a lovely representation of Nord's beautiful color palette.

I'd be extremely interested in making this happen, but unfortunately have no experience in skinning. Hopefully someone with the know-how can pick up such a project!

fred

Is this what you had in mind?

Background: nord3
Text:            nord4
Headers:      nord8
Highlight:      nord10

I haven't used the Aurora colours because I like the simplicity of the colours I chose. If you have any suggestions as to where you would like Aurora palette used I'll see what I can do.

dtcsong

Text:            nord4
Headers:      nord8
Highlight:      nord10

I haven't used the Aurora colours because I like the simplicity of the colours I chose. If you have any suggestions as to where you would like Aurora palette used I'll see what I can do.

This is looking good!  Were you able to make any progress?  Mind posting a link?

fred

Your wish is my command - the only change from the previous post is that nord13 (from Aurora) is the highlight colour. The skin is in the base directory (skin.xmlc). This link contains all the source. Good luck on your journey!

Spidrax

Text:            nord4
Headers:      nord8
Highlight:      nord10

How did you get that giant waveform seekbar at the top? Is that a plugin?

phred

• Global Moderator
How did you get that giant waveform seekbar at the top? Is that a plugin?
Preferences > Layout (1) > Arrange Panels > drag wavebar from the right to any panel on the left that has a red bar next to it.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here