Author Topic: two functions in the sub-grouping header  (Read 2244 times)

wirtual82

I would like to use two functions in the sub-grouping header:

To display discs and subtitle and then divide the album by artists (composers) etc.

They work OK seperately.

But when I combine them, the disk and subtitle is repeated with each artist

How to get rid of those repeated album names and disks and leave it only once at the beginning of the albums like intended?

Thanks for your help!

Here is the screenshot:

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8849 P
@ wirtual82
What formula are you using for your combined sub-grouping header?
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

wirtual82

@ wirtual82
What formula are you using for your combined sub-grouping header?

This one:

$If(<Disc Count>">1",$IsNull(<Set Subtitle>,"• Disc "<Disc#>" •","• Disc "<Disc#>" • "<Set Subtitle>" •"),$IsNull(<Set Subtitle>,,"• "<Set Subtitle>" •"))

then I just added <Artist> before it.

Bee-liever

You have to adjust the formula so MB knows to only display the discs and subtitle for track #1.
Try this:
Code
<Artist>$If(<Track#>=1,$If(<Disc Count>>1,$IsNull(<Set Subtitle>,"• Disc "<Disc#>" •","• Disc "<Disc#>" • "<Set Subtitle>" •"),$IsNull(<Set Subtitle>,,"• "<Set Subtitle>" •")),)

wirtual82

You have to adjust the formula so MB knows to only display the discs and subtitle for track #1.
Try this:
Code
<Artist>$If(<Track#>=1,$If(<Disc Count>>1,$IsNull(<Set Subtitle>,"• Disc "<Disc#>" •","• Disc "<Disc#>" • "<Set Subtitle>" •"),$IsNull(<Set Subtitle>,,"• "<Set Subtitle>" •")),)

Great thanks! The artist name still appears on the first line of the disc name. I assume this cannot be removed, can it? Some names are long enough to make it look messy etc. and the disc seperation loses the whole effect.

The Incredible Boom Boom

Try this:
Code

Great thanks! The artist name still appears on the first line of the disc name. I assume this cannot be removed, can it? Some names are long enough to make it look messy etc. and the disc seperation loses the whole effect.

So, you're trying to sort (divide) the subgroupings by artist, without having the <Artist> tag appear in the subgrouping header?

wirtual82

Try this:
Code

So, you're trying to sort (divide) the subgroupings by artist, without having the <Artist> tag appear in the subgrouping header?

I just copied the code from another thread. I have no idea about the simplest coding.

Please let me know if you know how to divide both - the artists and dics - without including the artist in the first line of the album etc.

The Incredible Boom Boom

Try this:
Code

I just copied the code from another thread. I have no idea about the simplest coding.

Please let me know if you know how to divide both - the artists and dics - without including the artist in the first line of the album etc.

I'm unclear on what you want to accomplish. The artist appears because of the <Artist> tag, but you will need the tag to be there to "divide" the subgrouping by artist. There's no other way to do so. Does removing the <Artist> tag and sorting by <Track> and <Artist> give you your desired result?

wirtual82

I'm unclear on what you want to accomplish. The artist appears because of the <Artist> tag, but you will need the tag to be there to "divide" the subgrouping by artist. There's no other way to do so. Does removing the <Artist> tag and sorting by <Track> and <Artist> give you your desired result?

This solution gave me a lot of mess.

What I would like to achieve:

Disk 1: Name of the Disk

- Track(s)

Subdivide it by another subtitle

- Tracks(s)

- Tracks(s)

Disk 2: Name of the Disk

- Track(s)

- Tracks(s)

- Tracks(s)

etc.

Is this possible to achieve?

The Incredible Boom Boom

It's possible to have something like...
Volume 1: Original Music
   - Oh No - Welcome to Los Santos
   - Twin Shadow - Old Love / New Love
   - ... ... ... ... ...

You can't have a subdivision inside of something already subdivided, however.

Code
$If(<Disc Count>>1,$IsNull(<Set Subtitle>,"• Volume "<Disc#>" •","• Volume "<Disc#>" • "<Set Subtitle>" •"),$IsNull(<Set Subtitle>,,"• "<Set Subtitle>" •"))

Bee-liever

Is this closer to what you want?
Code
$If(<Track#>=1,$If(<Disc Count>>1,$IsNull(<Set Subtitle>,"• Disc "<Disc#>" •","• Disc "<Disc#>" • "<Set Subtitle>" •"),$IsNull(<Set Subtitle>,<Artist>,"• "<Set Subtitle>" •")),<Artist>)

If it's a multidisc album, it will split with • Disc # • sub-header, all tracks except first track have Artist sub-header.

If a multidisc album with subtitle, it will split with • Disc # • Set Subtitle • sub-header, all tracks except first track have Artist sub-header.

If a single disc item with subtitle, it will display • Set Subtitle • above first track, all other tracks have Artist sub-header.

If no subtitle and single disc, all tracks have Artist sub-header.

wirtual82

Is this closer to what you want?
Code
$If(<Track#>=1,$If(<Disc Count>>1,$IsNull(<Set Subtitle>,"• Disc "<Disc#>" •","• Disc "<Disc#>" • "<Set Subtitle>" •"),$IsNull(<Set Subtitle>,<Artist>,"• "<Set Subtitle>" •")),<Artist>)

If it's a multidisc album, it will split with • Disc # • sub-header, all tracks except first track have Artist sub-header.

If a multidisc album with subtitle, it will split with • Disc # • Set Subtitle • sub-header, all tracks except first track have Artist sub-header.

If a single disc item with subtitle, it will display • Set Subtitle • above first track, all other tracks have Artist sub-header.

If no subtitle and single disc, all tracks have Artist sub-header.

Great thanks! This is very helpful. If I have more questions, I will let you know later!