Author Topic: How to "analyse volume" on "album basis" for a single?  (Read 1743 times)

asdasdasd223

You can choose the default "replay gain" to none, smart gain, track gain only or album gain only.

I'd much prefer album gain only because it normalizes all songs the best out of all of the options.

But if I listen to a single, now my headphones are blown out because auto-analyse only analyses track gain if an album only has one song. Which means there's NO album gain tag for singles, making "album gain only" unusable.

And if I choose smart gain, then albums change volume way too much. A quiet intro song will have a track gain of +1.6db and the loud song right after will have -14.6db. Even though both songs have an album gain of -14.6db, smart gain will always use the highest volume of track/album gain for whatever reason.

WHY grey out "on album basis" in the analyse volume window when Musicbee prides itself on giving the user nearly unlimited options to tweak? It makes being able to choose default replay gain pointless since smart gain is the only barely usable option.

Am I missing something here?

Steven

• Administrator
fair enough. I have updated the volume analyser dialog to keep the album checkbox enabled in all cases

https://getmusicbee.com/patches/MusicBee33_Patched.zip
unzip and replace the existing musicbee application files

asdasdasd223

Thank you so much Steven, it works so well! You're always so great about these things.