Author Topic: Additional genre column  (Read 1251 times)

Phil0350

In the process of redoing my MB player like it was before. Now, in between the main panel and the left main panel. I had a drop down column existing of all genres I have. Not the standard genre column showing all genres to each individual track. Where as I could click on a specific genre and that would be all that would show in the main panel and therefore random play just that specific genre. But for the life of me, I can't remember how to do it. I'm now 2 days in and my head is scrambled. Can anybody help?

hiccup

That sounds like you had the thumbnail browser set in the left main panel, and have it display 'genre'?

Hit the 'Configure Layout' icon located somewhere top right of the main panel > Arrange Panels, and make sure the thumbnail browser is in the Left Main Panel position.
After that's done, you can click the header of the thumbnail panel to refine things further.

Phil0350

Hi hiccup, Thank you for your excellent help! . But now I've had to move Artist Pictures and Playing Tracks into the left sidebar so that all genres is vertical. But it won't let me remove the Navigator. Any ideas hiccup.

hiccup

Do you mean that previously you had the navigator panel (Left Sidebar) hidden, and then on the left two separate vertical columns, one for pictures and now playing, and another one for genres?
I don't think that can be done.

Perhaps you were using the column browser in a vertical layout?

Phil0350

Hi hiccup, thank you for being patient. I'm using the Dark Energy 3.0 skin by Iasc. If you're able to look at it. Where it has All Artists, I had All Genres. It seems to be in between left and main panel? I think I'm being thick coz I did it straight away the first time (few years ago now). Cheers hiccup.

hiccup

The skin is irrelevant here since skins can't enhance, limit or pre-set layout options.

Have you found the setting to have the Column Browser in a vertical position?
At the moment I am suspecting that might be what you are looking for.

Phil0350

Hi hiccup, you're a diamond. All done and Thank You very much for your help. Enjoy your weekend and stay safe. :)

hiccup