Author Topic: Modified Playlist Format  (Read 1236 times)

hwrd69

Hello, I'm a newbie (or new-bee) to MB and so far I really like what I have found. The main reason I downloaded MB is to help make playlists for my player (Raspberry Pi 4 running Runeaudio). The RuneAudio software is not conducive to easily generating various playlists based on different criteria. I found that MB does allow me this flexibility with one caveat. The playlist isn't formatted in a way that Runeaudio displays it so it is readable. Though it can play the playlist, it only displays "null" for the information in the playlist. RuneAudio is looking for special characters used to display the information.

Is there a way to add optional information to the end of the line for the track information in a M3U playlist? When I generate a playlist via MB the playlist looks like: "CONNECT.OHM\9980\01 Evolution 1-1.flac". I've removed the drive path info because that requires mod regardless. However, the playlist generated for and by RuneAudio looks like: "CONNECT.OHM/9980/01 Evolution 1-1.flac^^Evolution 1:1^^8:33^^#1 • CONNECT.OHM • 9980". What I want to do is using fields and/or text info add it to the end of the M3U playlist creation; such that for each line created the information required for the playlist is added automatically.

I apologize if my query is a convoluted, but it is the only way I know to pose it.

Thanks for any and all responses.

Steven

• Administrator
choose M3U(#EXT) as the playlist format in your device sync settings

hwrd69

Steven,

I looked this morning for the setting you mentioned. I'm not sure how this will help. The device I am using these playlists on is Raspberry Pi 4 running RuneAduio. It is on a local network (LAN) and doesn't show in any selection list.

My goal was to make these playlists offline using the SSD for the Pi, and then transfer them to the Pi once I make path corrections for the Pi.

Is there a way to create these playlists with optional information at the end of the files/song string so that I can make it match the RuneAudio requirements?

I appreciate any assistance and clarifications you can provide.

Thank you