Author Topic: Album Artist shows in column field but is missing from tag  (Read 1479 times)

finsaah

I've found quite a few instances of this where the album artist is showing in the field in whatever view I'm in but is not present as a tag.  You can see this in the screenshots below.  

a)  why would this be happening?
b) how can I automatically find these and correct them all when I can't sort/filter by missing album artist?

frankz

When you fail to tag your albums with an album artist, MusicBee will display the Artist in its place for display purposes only.

You can find files that you failed to tag with an album artist by creating an auto playlist sourced from your music library with the criterion Album Artist has no value or a filter with that same single criterion.

finsaah

When you fail to tag your albums with an album artist, MusicBee will display the Artist in its place for display purposes only.

You can find files that you failed to tag with an album artist by creating an auto playlist sourced from your music library with the criterion Album Artist has no value or a filter with that same single criterion.

Doing that doesn't show any files

frankz

Then you're doing something wrong, at least going the auto playlist route, because I tested it before I posted.  Didn't test the filter.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
If album artist isn't present, MusicBee will show artist instead. You might check your version because I think there was a change related to this recently to make sure you could find files without album artist using frankz method.

Try updating to the beta version in my sig.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

finsaah

Thanks - updating worked, now the auto playlist shows the missing album artist.