Author Topic: Restoring music from iTunes  (Read 504 times)

[email protected]

iTunes practically ruined my life by randomly dropping songs, losing albums, etc.It especially didn't like Windows 10.  I recently found a backup DVD that had lots of my songs on it. I was thrilled and began moving them over to Music Bee using the "Add files to Library" command in Music Bee.  I spent a whole day doing this and I didn't have to type in any song titles or hardly anything. It was wonderful.

Now that I try to play some of these in Music Bee it says they are not there. I discovered that my DVD has to be in the drive for any of the backup files to play. So, it turns out I wasn't "Adding files to my library" at all.  Should I have moved these missing music files into the Music Bee "Music" file first and then "Add Files to Library"? Or should they be moved from the DVD to somewhere else. Day wasted!
Thanks,
Steve

phred

• Global Moderator
MB's "library" is only a database of where the music files are. Along with some other settings and data.

Simply "adding files to library" adds the location of those files into MB's database. You should indeed move (or copy since it's a DVD) the files to your preferred location on your PC (or NAS) and then add them. Either to the Library or to the Inbox. I would suggest copying only one or two albums first to make sure it's working as expected.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here