Author Topic: Playlist file paths  (Read 1648 times)

veermaharaj

So musicbee has two option for storing internal playlists

M3U and MBP

Currently I use M3U as external programs can also read the playlists and play music from them.

I want to use Universal Media Server to host my music playlists out to the network.

The problem is musicbee will only read the playlist's music if the file paths are absolute and Universal media server (UMS) will only read the playlist's music if the file paths are relative.

i.e.

This will not work in UMS but will work in Musicbee
C:\Users\Veer\Music\V.New Music\Zac Brown Band - Homegrown.mp3

This will work in UMS but not in Musicbee
..\Music\V.New Music\Zac Brown Band - Homegrown.mp3

I already brought up the issue in the UMS forum. However I would like to know if anyone knows of an option or trick to get Musicbee to use relative paths on internal m3u playlists.

The help would be greatly appreciated.

(I recently tried out JRiver and it is excellent, however for media syncing to my phone and walkman, its a pile of horseshit. The only things missing from Musicbee that jriver does well is media serving via DLNA and Jriver has a nice Now Playing screen & HTPC mode. The Now Playing screen and HTPC modes are mainly cosmetic though they do help redicve TV burn in, so i can live without it, however I am trying augment musicbee with UMS to get network streaming going)

THIS IS MY POST ON THE UMS FORUMS

https://www.universalmediaserver.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=14069&p=41174#p41174

phred

• Global Moderator
Why not use exported playlists? You can select from a number of formats and use, or not, relative paths. And then point your UMS to the location where you are exporting your playlists.
Preferences > Library > playlists > exported playlists.

I use SubSonic and my music tracks are on a NAS, but my exported playlists are on a PC that thinks it's a SubSonic server. And MB lives on another PC altogether.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here