Author Topic: Artwork not showing up  (Read 2021 times)

pulinap

Hi there,

I am pretty sure this has been discussed million times and I read several threads - but still cannot seems to get it to work.

System:

Music is FLAC files on Synology NAS DS916 with each album folder has a cover pic - please see below:

https://imgur.com/Ifsml4p

Laptop runs Windows 7 with WiFi connection to NAS and connected to my headphone rig.

Please see the screenshot of MusicBee on my laptop:

https://imgur.com/G0HD6qe

All suggestions are welcome.

Cheers
Last Edit: April 07, 2020, 07:00:15 AM by pulinap

Steven

• Administrator
can you post a screenshot of your Tags(1)/ artwork preferences

Steven

• Administrator
That looks ok and i am assuming cover.jpg was active in the artwork settings at the time you imported the music files.
The only other thing i can think of is to confirm the cover artwork file actually has a .jpg extension.
You might need to change your windows explorer view settings to confirm that

pulinap

That looks ok and i am assuming cover.jpg was active in the artwork settings at the time you imported the music files.
The only other thing i can think of is to confirm the cover artwork file actually has a .jpg extension.
You might need to change your windows explorer view settings to confirm that

Thanks.

sorry I am a dinosaur when it comes to technology...so could you please expand on:

1. where do I find cover artwork file?
2. Windows explorer view setting?

I must also admit that I use MusicBee on my office computer (PC) which has Windows 10 and the music is located on an external Harddrive connected to PC via USB - all the pictures work fine and the music in external HDD is an exact copy of the folders on my NAS.......

Perhaps it is Windows 7 that is making the artwork disappear?

Steven

• Administrator
it might also be worthwhile uploading one of the cover files somewhere (eg. mediafire.com or dropbox) and sending me the link so I can confirm that MB can load the artwork

pulinap

it might also be worthwhile uploading one of the cover files somewhere (eg. mediafire.com or dropbox) and sending me the link so I can confirm that MB can load the artwork

Hi,

Thanks...

Following is the drop box link to cover image in one of the Album folders on my NAS:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/urta61qzfpllhno/cover.jpg?dl=0

The folder is located here:

A:\Fugazi\Red Medicine (1995)

Steven

• Administrator
I have no issues with that artwork displaying.
How are you adding the music files to the musicbee library?
Last Edit: April 08, 2020, 08:57:45 AM by Steven

pulinap

I have no issues with that artwork displaying.
How are you adding the music files to the musicbee library?

Thanks for checking that for me.....

I am not entirely sure for about your questions....

Perhaps I am better off re-installing MB

Could you please let me know how to I direct MB to find my music on NAS (A:/ drive) for the first time  - I think I may have done this incorrectly?

phred

• Global Moderator
Could you please let me know how to I direct MB to find my music on NAS (A:/ drive) for the first time  - I think I may have done this incorrectly?
It's not likely reinstalling will fix the problem, so before you do that...

Is the music directory that's on the NAS mapped to drive letter A:? Drive letters A and B are usually reserved for floppy drives. Yes, I know. Who uses floppies any longer? But MicroSoft in it's never ending wisdom, keeps those letters reserved for floppies. I suggest remapping to a different drive letter and see what happens.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

pulinap

Could you please let me know how to I direct MB to find my music on NAS (A:/ drive) for the first time  - I think I may have done this incorrectly?
It's not likely reinstalling will fix the problem, so before you do that...

Is the music directory that's on the NAS mapped to drive letter A:? Drive letters A and B are usually reserved for floppy drives. Yes, I know. Who uses floppies any longer? But MicroSoft in it's never ending wisdom, keeps those letters reserved for floppies. I suggest remapping to a different drive letter and see what happens.

Thanks will check and report back.

Also should there be a folder called 'Music' on my A: drive where all the music should be stored?

Because my current A: looks like this:

https://imgur.com/SOQYfaC

phred

• Global Moderator
Also should there be a folder called 'Music' on my A: drive where all the music should be stored?
Because my current A: looks like this:
Your music files can be in any folder with any name you wish. As long as you point MB to the proper folder you shouldn't have a problem. So leave the music files where they currently are and just remap the drive letter. Give it M: for music. Or if you don't want gaps in the drive letters, give it X so it falls in front of your existing Y and Z.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

pulinap

A quick update.

Changing the drive name didn't work, however I reinstalled MB and rather than using the NAS drive name (M:) I used the entire network path \\SynologyDS916\Music...and it worked...!! well for 95% of the covers - the rest might need to be manually added.

Thanks again for all the help.

Cheers