Author Topic: Auto-complete for Album Artist does not work under certain condition  (Read 1103 times)

SkyZippr

My poor English would find it very hard to describe this, so I'll just start this with an example.
I have an album which is a collection of main themes of James Bond movies. Each track has its own artist tagged, and to make the album easier I entered 'James Bond' as the album artist. When entering tags for other albums, 'James Bond' does not appear in the auto-complete list.
I have a bunch of albums, mainly anime soundtracks, that has the anime title as the Album Artist as well. Those anime titles never appear in the auto-complete list either.
It looks like, if an artist name is only used as Album Artist and does not appear anywhere as the actual track Artist, the auto-complete would neglect it.
I wish the auto-complete would pick up those 'lone' Album Artists as well. Is there a way to do this?

SkyZippr

To make myself clear, here are some screenshots:

Here's the album with 'James Bond' as Album Artist. 'James  Bond' does not appear as a track artist anywhere in my library.

Here's me trying to get auto-complete for 'James Bond' by typing 'james bo'; nothing appears on the list. I do get a bunch of James Blake when I type 'james b' though.

Steven

• Administrator
You are right and although its doing what i intended, on reflection its better to keep album artist and artist separate for the autocomplete.

This version has the behavior changed:
https://getmusicbee.com/patches/MusicBee33_Patched.zip
unzip and replace the existing musicbee application files

SkyZippr

Thank you Steven! The patched version does what I intended!

Although, if I'm understanding correctly, the unpatched version didn't keep Album Artist and Artist separate for auto-complete; it was rather referring only Artist for the auto-complete.
The patched version seems to be doing exactly what you said; only existing Album Artist appears in auto-complete for album artist (i.e., in my case, no Artist A feat. B appears in album artist auto-complete), which is also what I intend it to be.