Author Topic: Hi Res Flac (96 & 192 khz) will play a few seconds then goes to next in queue  (Read 6491 times)

Megavar110

Regular resolution flac files (44 khz - 16 bit) play fine but if I try to play anything of higher resolution it will only play a fewe seconds and move on to the next file in the queue. It will continue to do this to the end of the file list. This is with flac files that I am having the problem. Can anyone shed some light on what is causing this. I eventually can get a file to play if I repeatedly keep trying to get it to play.

Steven

• Administrator

Megavar110

I have music files on my home server and send them by wifi to a network switch which has an ethernet port wired to the back of my Hegel Roost amp. These files are hi res files I purchased online from various vendors. I tried all my hi res flacs of which i have hundreds and they all do the same. Different sources but same issue. Unless the issue is with how Misicbee appends album art and other tag info.

frankz

He's asking if you can upload a file you've had problems with so he can download it and try to duplicate the issue to find out what's going wrong.

Megavar110

I hope the above link works for you. But all you need in my opinion is any hi res flac to emulate what I have since I have this problem with all my files regardless of their origin.

frankz

In that case, knowing other people play hi res flac files in MB without problems, it sounds more like a "you thing" than a problem with MusicBee.

Have you tried Edit->Edit Preferences->Player and increasing the buffer or loading the entire file into memory?

Have you tried copying one of the files to the computer with MB and seeing if the problem persists to rule out a network throughput issue?

What have you tried?

Steven

• Administrator

NigWills

I hope the above link works for you. But all you need in my opinion is any hi res flac to emulate what I have since I have this problem with all my files regardless of their origin.

Hi,

If you are streaming audio via WiFi, it depends upon the capacity of your receiver what quality of files you can stream. So, your issue may not be a MusicBee issue, but the specifications/limitations of your receiver. ...I was looking into this area around a year ago, streaming flac files from MB to my Arcam Solo Neo,%u2014it transpired that the maximum the Arcam receiver could receive via stream was 16bit flac files, maximum. You may have the same issue with your player.

Also, check the UPNP plug-in found in; Edit Preferences>Plugin's>MusicBee UPNP>Configure,%u2014there you have the options to toggle between formats for streaming files upto 24bit, so check you have the maximum streaming capacity set up.

NB: I since moved to hard wire as opposed to streaming as I kept the Arcam Solo. I play Flac files up to 24bit, with no problems, via ethernet.
Last Edit: April 02, 2020, 03:59:08 AM by NigWills

phred

• Global Moderator
Also, check the UPNP plug-in found in; Edit Preferences>Plugin's>MusicBee UPNP>Configure,—there you have the options to toggle between formats for streaming files upto 24bit, so check you have the maximum streaming capacity set up.
The UPNP plugin is found in the location you mention but -only- after the plugin is installed. It does not install as part of the MB package.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

frankz

How did the UPNP plugin come into this?  Is there any indication that OP is streaming using this?  He doesn't mention streaming or UPNP at all.

If that's the case, the plugin is unsupported at this point and "use at your own risk."

phred

• Global Moderator
How did the UPNP plugin come into this?
User NigWills mentioned it in his first reply. I didn't think UPNP had anything to do with the OP issue, but thought I should correct his statement about checking a plugin that is a plugin.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

frankz

Yeah, I understood why you replied. I didn't get how it wound up as part of the discussion in the first place.

We need more input from OP as to what he's doing and what he's done I think.

hiccup

I didn't think UPNP had anything to do with the OP issue, but thought I should correct his statement about checking a plugin that is a plugin.

Both the type of malfunction and the fact his amplifier is connected through lan indicate he is using the UPnP plugin, and that the issue most likely is not with MusicBee itself.