Author Topic: Musicbee with iphone  (Read 1447 times)

alext05

Hi folks,

I really like musicbee however I have an iPhone. As far as I can tell, they don't work together.

I'm wondering if some of you are in the same situation and have found a way to continue using both. I usually listen to music on my computer 80% of the time and maybe 20% on the go with my phone.

I'd like to capture listening data from the iPhone so I can have my plays registered. So far in my testing period, I update my listening history from the iPhone and manually update playcounts in MB. Not the best but considering I listen to maybe +/- 20 tracks on my iPhone daily when I commute to work - not too bad either.

Sure I could ditch the iPhone and get something else that would work with MB but I don't have the money for this and....well I like my iPhone.

Not sure nowadays how the whole lastfm works in retrieving listening data - could be an option but I used to have an account in the past and I have since stopped with all the tagging issues and different ways scrobbling info was messed up, but that was 7-8 years ago.

I probably answered my own question with this post but just thought I'd ask in case I haven't thought of something!

frankz

You'll need to use last.fm for this, but when you start to use it it'll erase all of your non-last.fm listening stats in MusicBee and start fresh with only plays that are already in last.fm for tracks that it can match to your MB library.  In other words, going forward, when you sync and there is a "new" (to last.fm) track played, the play count for that track will be set to 1.  It doesn't erase tracks that aren't sync'd (as far as I remember from when I made the decision to do this) only ones that it matches from last.fm.

Then you'll scrobble everything from your iPhone listening and also your home listening.

I'm afraid there's no other way.  You have to decide whether your current MB listening history is more important to you than having an automatic history going forward.

The good news is I haven't noticed any "messed up scrobbling info" or "tagging issues," and I've been on this sync system for a year.
Last Edit: March 31, 2020, 07:50:19 PM by frankz

boroda