Author Topic: Contacting SOMEONE about MusicBee!  (Read 6071 times)

frankz

I'm gonna go with phred here and recommend the portable version if you want everything in the same folder.

You're seeing right now the pitfalls of rigging up some convoluted unsupported solution that you may or may not remember how to recreate if it breaks. Doing it the normal way is almost always the best solution.

MTOakey

• Improvise - Adapt - Overcome
Ya'all are wrong.
Sorry.
I found the file, it's named "Settings {date time}.ini" and found in path "C:\Users\{user}\AppData\Roaming\MusicBee\Saved Settings\Application\"
Only 3 lines to edit the location OF YOUR CHOICE !!!
Line #4
Line #7
Line#1313
In my case anyway... just open the file in Notepad or any text editor of any Code editor and search for "MBsettings" then change the path to wherever you want that folder to reside.
I choose to have it reside in the MusicBee App folder in Program Files (x86) directory.
Done.
 :P  8)
Hope this helps others.

phred

• Global Moderator
Ya'all are wrong.
Not really.
The settings file is named MusicBee3Settings.ini and it's in the AppData directory. If what you edited was in a directory named MB Settings Folder, then you edited a BACKUP of your settings.

Also, since each user's settings are more than likely different, the line numbers you referenced are not necessarily the same for every user.

Lastly, if it worked for you, great. But -you're- the one who saved/created the location of that file using File > Library > Backup Library.

EDIT: typo
Last Edit: August 14, 2022, 01:00:45 PM by phred
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

frankz

Ya'all are wrong.
Sorry.
Advising someone to do something the right way rather than in a backward, convoluted "I hope no future updates break my little hack" way can never be wrong.

MTOakey

I am sorry if I stepped on anyone's toes.
But don't sit there and tell me I can't do something I KNOW I did before - telling me it can't be done is NOT an answer.
I moved the folder, edited the file, relaunched the App, resaved the Settings file. Everything works like a dream.
Case in point:
The file I edited is NOT named "MusicBee3Settings.ini" .
Proof ensues...
Directory location...
http://www.i-zoe.com/Screenshot%202022-08-13%20235137.jpg

Lines edited ...
http://www.i-zoe.com/Screenshot%202022-08-13%20235515.jpg

Imgur no longer provides a .jpg file extension to it's links.
What's really a laugh, the images above show correctly inline when both "Previewed" or "Toggle View - but NOT once actually posted... I tried about 10 times editing this comment to get them to show when posted...

Last Edit: August 14, 2022, 05:56:50 AM by MTOakey

frankz

Nobody said it couldn't be done.  A lot of pointless, backwards and counterproductive things are entirely possible.

Congratulations on spending 4 hours doing something that's automatic for literally everyone else, I guess. Victory!

MTOakey

Advising someone to do something the right way rather than in a backward, convoluted "I hope no future updates break my little hack" way can never be wrong.

This "Settings" file will NOT get overwritten with any updates unless Steven changes the entire structure of the file system of the App... even THEN, I postulate he will make the Update IMPORT this Original file parameters - so STILL NOT a problem.
Last Edit: August 14, 2022, 06:07:47 AM by MTOakey

MTOakey

Nobody said it couldn't be done.  A lot of pointless, backwards and counterproductive things are entirely possible.

Congratulations on spending 4 hours doing something that's automatic for literally everyone else, I guess. Victory!

Phred said it can not be done several times.
I spent less than an hour actually... I was at a friends house party until about midnight, commenting on my phone ...
Spent more time typing out all these posts and trying to get the screenshots to show than actually looking for and editing and relaunching the App.

So, WOOHOO - Victory,  Indeed.  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

Last Edit: August 14, 2022, 06:10:25 AM by MTOakey

frankz

Congratulations on your "victory."  We're all already there.

drsam123

Hi,

I have 1.3 million songs downloaded in my MB Library. I tried scanning my HD for new added songs as I wasn't seeing new songs downloaded to my MB Llibrary.

Does the library have a limit?

Regards,

Dan

boroda

1.3 million? and do you want to listen to them all?

why not 1 billion?

hiccup

What a weird thread this is?

'contacting someone about MusicBee' ?

frankz

Hi,

I have 1.3 million songs downloaded in my MB Library. I tried scanning my HD for new added songs as I wasn't seeing new songs downloaded to my MB Llibrary.

Does the library have a limit?

Regards,

Dan
Apparently the limit is 1.3 million.  Maybe you can cull it down to the 1,250,000 songs you listen to the most and then try scanning again?

hiccup

Apparently the limit is 1.3 million.
That's disappointing.
Assuming an average of 4 minutes per song, that would mean that if I play such a library (allowing myself some 8 hours of sleep a day), after already some fifteen years it would stop playing, and then I would need to start listing to some songs that I have already heard before?
Bummer.
WHO can I contact about this?

frankz

Apparently the limit is 1.3 million.
That's disappointing.
Assuming an average of 4 minutes per song, that would mean that if I play such a library (allowing myself some 8 hours of sleep a day), after already some fifteen years it would stop playing, and then I would need to start listing to some songs that I have already heard before?
Bummer.
WHO can I contact about this?
On the bright side, the chances of you experiencing the trauma of hearing the same artist back to back are minimal.