Author Topic: Bug report and/or question standard "form"  (Read 229 times)

Gendji

When i look at the bug report section and or question section of the forum, often the same questions need to be asked to help someone out.

Would it be an idea to come up with a standard "form" for users in order to remedy that.

Example:

1. What version of MB are you using.
2. Steps to reproduce the bug or question.
3. What Operating system are you using.

Stuff like that, so that certain questions are out of the way to begin with.

Maybe there is something like that already i don't know, if that is the case i missed it  :)

phred

• Global Moderator
It's a valid suggestion Gendji. Thank you.

However similar "notices" have been tried before and (mostly new) forum users just don't read or heed them. For instance, there's a notice at the top of the reply window that tells the forum member to add a screenshot and even has a link in two places as to how to do it. Yet the majority of people who should be adding screenshots don't. Or say they don't know how. So my feeling is that yet another notice would still require us to ask the same questions over and over. And over.

FWIW, I've got a few of them set up at macros in Auto HotKey so I don't have to keep typing them.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Gendji

Ah ok, yeah this is there indeed, but i was thinking more of a pinned "before you post" topic in Questions and Bug Reports, but that will not be read either then i suppose.

Good to hear you that you are using Auto HotKey for some replies, being a moderator is more then enough work as it is.

phred

• Global Moderator
Sadly, you are correct. No matter where we put a notice, the majority of (newer) forum members will not read it. Or they'll read it and ignore it.

As for a moderator having "more than enough work as it is..." it really isn't all that time consuming. Our main "task" is deleting spam and banning the people who post it. The MB forum is probably the most civil forum I've ever been a member of, and there's very little user-rowdiness that needs to be controlled.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here