Author Topic: Event mode for WASAPI exclusive  (Read 2408 times)

Steven

• Administrator
Is there anyone who has tried using event mode enabled when using WASAPI exclusive in the player preferences and found it produces sound glitches?
There is a new version of BASS_WASAPI available that might address the issue. Let me know if you have this problem and would like to try out the new version to see if it fixes the issue. You should re-confirm you still get sound glitches with the current MB version first

sveakul

FWIW I have used Wasapi exclusive in event mode since "day one" and have never experienced any audio glitches (Windows 7 SP1 Realtek audio).  For a time there was an issue with the volume backing up sometimes instead of advancing on clicking/moving the slider (on push or event), but this was fixed over a year ago after a MusicBee update.  I have been using the new basswasapi.dll version 2.4.3 since its post date on Un4seen and continue to have no issues.  My environment may vary from others in that I always run the latest development versions of ALL the BASS libraries.  As someone who is yet DAC-less, take this as just a "pedestrian benchmark."

sveakul

Steven:  just updated to a new PC with Windows 10 v.1909 64-bit, results still fine as described above (MB 3.3.7395P, latest Bass development versions).