Author Topic: Unexpected kernel mode trap  (Read 721 times)

mackem

I keep getting the blue wall of death (error message 'unexpected kernel mode trap (Windows 10)) and it seems to be related to Musicbee, although there doesn't seem to any consistency to what causes it. The last time was when I attempted to scan files for new folders whilst playing a track. I did wonder if it was related to USB as I have my library on an external drive, but setting up a new library on a local drive hasn't helped at all. I've been on the Microsoft help pages but to be honest I can't make head nor tail of their explanation. I'm now at the point of setting up a clean install of Windows but wanted to ask if anyone had any advice before I do that. Help much appreciated

mackem

Thanks Vincent - your reply was very much appreciated and took me tantalisingly close to solving the issue. I eventually tracked it down to stray drivers/conflicts for the Realtek audio and NVIDIA legacy software, but it was such a pain trying to locate them that in the end I took the plunge and made a clean re-install of Windows, which solved a couple of other minor (but irritating) niggles as well. Happy to report that MusicBee is working just as it should and - touch would - no crashes either