Author Topic: Stop long album name cut-off in Album Covers view  (Read 999 times)

johnmillsjr

I'm sure there was a way to do this. Reducing font to 8 and ticking Merge fields helps a bit- but does not fully allow expanded album names.

hiccup

I'm sure there was a way to do this. Reducing font to 8 and ticking Merge fields helps a bit- but does not fully allow expanded album names.
Just increase the size of the albumart.
If you are using 3.4 you can make it even wider.

johnmillsjr

Is there another way? large covers really mess up my preferred layout

hiccup

It's not clear to me what sort of a 'solution' you are looking for then.

Perhaps you could create a mock-up as an example of what you expect to happen when you have small album-art, but (up to four) text fields with very long content.

johnmillsjr

It's not clear to me what sort of a 'solution' you are looking for then.

Perhaps you could create a mock-up as an example of what you expect to happen when you have small album-art, but (up to four) text fields with very long content.

Perhaps a 'max row span' where you can increase the amount of rows, naturally it would have to affect all albums that didn't have long  names.

Another way to put it is to increase spacing between the rows of albums (when I mentioned the word rows earlier I meant rows of text. Here I mean the rows of Album covers)

hiccup

Perhaps a 'max row span' where you can increase the amount of rows, naturally it would have to affect all albums that didn't have long  names.

A problem that I see in that is what should happen if you would e.g. set a row span of 'max 3' for the first field.
For albums that have content that fits in one line just fine; should lines two and three remain blank for all such albums?
That would create many empty lines between fields 1 and 4 beneath the albumart for lots of albums.
That wouldn't look very nice.

Or should field 3 and 4 move a position up to fill blank spots when field 1 and/or 2 don't overflow to a next row?
Then the vertical position of a tag would become dynamic, and you couldn't trust anymore that a particular field (tag) will be horizontally the same for all albums.