Author Topic: Unexpected (Changed?) Behavior When Moving Directories  (Read 909 times)

phred

• Global Moderator
Using 3.3.7367 P when in Computer Node, selecting all tracks in a directory and moving them (via dragging) the selected directory disappears (expected) and the selector goes to the top of the Computer Node. Previously the selector would move up one directory (or perhaps it moved down one directory.)

I'm not sure if this behavior is a bug, an oversight, or the new expected behavior. If the latter, I'd like to request that it revert back to the way it was previously. Example: Let's say I have a five disk album with each disk in it's own directory. If I were to volume analysis and the entire album (let's say from the Inbox) each disk would be analyzed individually. So after I add the disc and track number tags, I moved each disk to the directory of the first disk. After each disk is moved, the new (current) behavior has the selector jump to the top of the node. This causes me to either manually scroll through thousands of artists to get back to the album I'm working on, or go back to the Inbox > right-click > Search > Locate in Computer Node.

The timing of this might go back to when the confirmation dialog was added as a warning when moving files. I can move this to the Wishlist if this is the new expected behavior.

Thanks.
Last Edit: March 23, 2020, 05:34:08 PM by phred
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Steven

• Administrator
I dont think I have touched that part of the code for ages although I can reproduce what you say. It only happens as you describe when folder monitoring is enabled - perhaps thats something you recently enabled?
It should probably go in the wishlist

edit:
its done for the next v3.4 update
Last Edit: March 24, 2020, 11:48:34 AM by Steven

phred

• Global Moderator
Thanks Steven. I've had continuous folder monitoring enabled since the early days.

Since you've added it to 3.4 I won't bother with the wishlist unless you want me to as a reminder for 3.3. I can live with it on 3.4 and will test as soon as the next alpha is posted.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

phred

• Global Moderator
the v3.4 update:
Testing with this update (3.4.7389 P) is exhibiting issues.
Navigator (with Computer Node enabled) is in the left sidebar.
Right-click computer node to select filtered folders and enable show filtered folders only.
MB displays spinning circle but after five minutes it's still spinning.
X out of MB and restart and computer node is missing from navigator.
Open layout settings and computer node shows as enabled. Disable/enable doesn't bring it back.
Disable services and computer shows up. Enable services and computer disappears.
Let me know if you need more information.
Error log:
Code
3/25/2020 8:36:30 AM - 10.0.14393.0 - 3.4.7389.39546P - System.InvalidCastException: Unable to cast object of type '#=zdVEZrOZzh2ivkqOCSJipoU4=' to type '#=z9OqLLuTsGZ6QYFOFxb_5DPQ='.
   at #=zUAgrikuuIGni6ooFSJUqzTO2M35H.#=z1MzfFJLry1Ab.#=zkiPSlE0OOyz3(#=zdVEZrOZzh2ivkqOCSJipoU4= #=zI5PtFJA=, Boolean #=zttbrqJ7yV9qo)

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

Steven

• Administrator
could you send me a link to your settings file
nevermind - i know how to reproduce this and it should be fixed. Redownload the same link as above
Last Edit: March 26, 2020, 08:52:26 AM by Steven

phred

• Global Moderator
i know how to reproduce this and it should be fixed.
Thanks Steven. Now working as expected.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki