Author Topic: Album Shuffle  (Read 2598 times)

mrdylan

I would love to see an album shuffle feature. I'm a person who likes to listen to entire albums, in order. So when I make a playlist with multiple albums, I would love to have an album shuffle feature where I can hear whole albums, but in random order, so not the order I place them in the playlist, so I don't have to hear the same order of albums every time. I could just remake the playlist every time I want to change the order, but on a large playlist with 10-20 albums, I would love the feature to shuffle just the albums. I don't know if that would be possible, but that would be the coolest feature ever.

Also I would like to just say MusicBee is amazing, and probably one of the best music players I've ever used.

frankz

Auto-Playlist

Source - The playlist you want to draw from
Criteria - None (Artist - Starts With - [])
Shuffle - Random
Select By - Album

Thank me

mrdylan

Thank you so much! That is exactly what I was looking for! I'm a bit new to MusicBee.

mrdylan

:D

I'm having a bit of an issue, the settings don't seem to be working. Like where I've underlined in red, the "shuffle" and "select by" don't seem to be active, and I've tried checking and unchecking different things, but I can't figure it out. I put nothing in the criteria for artists that start with, but it doesn't make the "shuffle" and "select by" active. Sorry to sound like such an ignoramus, but I would appreciate any help.

frankz

Follow the instructions I provided earlier. I didn't say anything about making the playlist a criterion. In fact I specifically said none. Just leave it at the default.