Author Topic: New Logitech Options software does NOT work with MusicBee  (Read 3396 times)

JCzopik

I've found a description how to add MusicBee to Logi Setpoint, but Setpoint is outdated and does not support my new MX Master 2S mouse. Unfortunately, I fail to find a similar settings file for Logitech Options.
Has someone already found a solution for that?

MTIA and best regards
Jerzy

Menschdb

I have the same problem. New Logitech keyboard with Logitech Options and the media-keys does are only working when Musicbee is on focus

stardepp

I also have this problem with the Logitech MK710 keyboard. I have installed the current Logitech software SetPoint 6.69.123, but unfortunately the media keys do not work with MusicBee.

This problem also affects the Logitech keyboard MK330.

stardepp

😎 I helped myself like that at first. MusicBee Remote App with my smartphone serves me as media keys 😎

dandepeched

Workaround is in Logitech Options to change Play/Pause button behavior to Keystroke assignment Ctrl+Shift+P. Repeat for Next (Ctrl+Shift+N) and Previous (Ctrl+Shift+B).
Make sure this hotkeys are set in MusicBee as 'global'.

kavi

dandepeched I just made an account here to thank you. I've been trying to fix this forever and that work around works without me having to disable Logitech Options.

I have a bunch of other shortcuts set up through there for my keyboard and mouse so that was never ultimately an option.

I was almost at the point of trying getting a different keyboard too.

Barbie-qu

As this issue still persists in 2022 I thought I'd confirm that the workaround from @dandepeched still works (MX Keys, 2022) - Thanks a lot!

I only needed to remap the play/pause button. The prev/next buttons  worked as expected.

Before remapping the key combination in Options, the play/pause key on the keyboard would control media playback in the browser regardless of what program was in focus.

spinmaker

i_konst

The fix for me was to install the latest Logi Options +

THANK YOU! Finally a proper fix. Works beautifully.