Author Topic: Music stops after opening a video with an external video player  (Read 1959 times)

TheInvoker

I would like to use MusicBee also as video library, using an external video player.
So, since it' external...why music stops when i launch a video? can i change this behavior?
Last Edit: March 27, 2020, 11:55:06 AM by TheInvoker

TheInvoker

help please??
even if there is no solution for what i'm asking, please tell me

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I don't think this is possible. If it launches an external player, MusicBee has no way of knowing when the external player finishes
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

boroda

If it launches an external player, MusicBee has no way of knowing when the external player finishes
actually this is not the case. maybe it's worth to add a request to wishlist board.

TheInvoker

I don't think this is possible. If it launches an external player, MusicBee has no way of knowing when the external player finishes

it's not what i'm asking
the fact that MusicBee doesn't know when i stop watching the video is ok. When i close the external player nothing should happen in MusicBee
But i want nothing to happen also when i start watching the video. Just open the exteranl player but keep reproducing the music

boroda

you can set up several external apps (including video player) for right-click/'send to' menu. this action won't stop mb from playing music.

TheInvoker

it's not comfortable at all. do you imagine having to do that every time you want to watch a video??
but if this can be done with a right click i think it can be done also with a double click
Last Edit: March 27, 2020, 09:24:50 PM by TheInvoker

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
No, but you can configure hotkeys for external applications.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

boroda

also, you can assign a toolbar button along with (or instead of) a hotkey.

TheInvoker

the button is not good. the hotkey (that i can put on the mouse) is better but i still don't understand why double click can't be used if there is a chance that video doesn't stop the audio
what to click is just how you do it, and not what you do it...because the "what" can be done.

(i don't know if in english this thing i've just said has sense)