Author Topic: Undo Folder Migrate Organize Tool  (Read 657 times)

cnd4747

I posted this on another thread but have realized that this is probably the better place to ask my question:

Hi,

I am aware now of the function of the "File Organiser" but before I did it I was not.  I know, I didn't read the warning, sorry, but I was in a hurry.

Beforehand, I had all of my music organized in my own folders with file prefixes like A1, A2, etc for the side of the record it was on.  But now it is all gone and organized under MusicBee in my "C:\Users\USERNAME\Music\MusicBee\Music" folder.

Is there anyway to undo this migration?  I had just wanted to refresh my MusicBee to recognize some files I updated and (foolishly) assumed that CTRL-R was the way to do that, as it is on most websites.

So please, it will take dozens of hours for me to manually undo this.  Is there any way to undo it via MusicBee?

phred

• Global Moderator
I removed your other post.

At least you admit that you didn't read the warning. Most people instantly blame MB for reorganizing their files without their knowledge. Unfortunately there's no way to undo what you have done. Of if there is, I'm not aware of it.

This reminds me of an old saying: Haste makes waste.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

hiccup

"C:\Users\USERNAME\Music\MusicBee\Music" folder.
Is there anyway to undo this migration?

MusicBee won't be able to turn back the time on this.
The only (probably rather useless) thought that comes up: were your files originally on another partition than C: ?
Then perhaps you could use some recovery software to try and restore the files and folder structure of that partition.
But while I am typing this it already seems a bit fruitless, and and exercise that will cause more headaches and take up more time than just have a silent cry and accept the new situation and make the best of it.

frankz

If you have this information in your tags, you can re-organize the files similar to the way they were previously manually organized, but like everyone else has said there is no undo.

cnd4747

Thank you for your quick responses.  I guess I know what I will be doing tonight...