Author Topic: Don't want to switch to potplayer.Help needed how MB could sounds to my taste.  (Read 2495 times)

user73

I been using musicbee for 8-9 yrs now and it is my fav Musicplayer.recently i was playing few songs on Potplayerand it sound perfect to me.with musicbee bass is bloaty according to my taste(nothing wrong with musicbee).i try to change settings i could with Musicbee but couldn't find same like Potplayer.

In musicbee i  tried directmode,wasapi exclusive,wasapi shared ,asio4all but i like the way potplayer sounded.

Now whole my music library is in musicbee and i am so used to it ,so switching to another player is big problem for me.So i am seeking help so that i can hear same as potplayer.

With Potplayer i am not using any DSP or any equalizer ,just wasapi exclusive mode with lav filters.

so i don't know guys ,plz help me  how i can get musicbee sound according to my taste.Can musicbee use lav filters?

hiccup

recently i was playing few songs on Potplayerand it sound perfect to me.with musicbee bass is bloaty according to my taste(nothing wrong with musicbee).i try to change settings i could with Musicbee but couldn

Do you experience that with lossless (e.g. flac) files, or with mp3, or something else?

MusicBee will output bit-perfect if you have your settings right.
Potplayer should too.
And I believe they even advice against using something else than the onboard pre-installed decoders.

So out-of-the box there should not be any difference in sound quality at all, and there would be no sensible explanation for it if somebody stated that they do sound different.

So I am guessing here that you made some changes to Potplayer and it is not using the default settings and decoder anymore?
Why?

Maybe other members have some useful suggestions, but all I can think of is that either in MusicBee or in Potplayer you have set/changed something that prevents bit-perfect output.

user73

thx for quick reply hiccup.
I have tried both mp3 and flac with potplayer,im afraid it sounded better.I hope somehow i could get musicbee to sound same.with musicbee sound is like suppressed.

hiccup

I can imagine that's frustrating.
I hope you are able to find the cause of this, and then please let us know?

user73

yeah sure man.
i have installed other musicplayers too to test so that i could know what went wrong.

user73

So i have tried these players...
mediamonkey
aimp
strawberryplayer
Clementiine
HQplayer
groove music
jriver
and i tried all with asio4all including musicbee.
but with potplayer sounds is good with lavfilters.not with default filters.
and one more thing i have noticed that if i use any of VST plugin with asio4all somehow sound is suppressed just by clicking on the vst plugin.even if vst plugin is bypassed sound is suppressed.
so i am good with musicbee now.music sounds great.
I use wasapi exclusive with event mode enabled.no upmixing.

user73

Actually now musicbee sounds better.I use asio4all and tried few vst plugins...but stereotool sounds best.

phred

• Global Moderator
could you make musicbee sound like potplayer? I have the same problem
That's kind of an impossible task. There are so many variables involved, including your own hearing, that your request is fairly impossible to achieve by any developer.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

user73

could you list the plugins you used? thanks
I tried many plugins ,10-20 .....maybe more but just like i said stereo tool is one i liked the most and using for few months.
You have to try urself to choose according to your taste with setup u have of with speakers and avr u have.
TDRVoS SlickEQ,  Fabq pro q3 are names i could recall but u should search for vst plugins...Vst3 not supported by MB yet.