Author Topic: Auto-DJ Loses Settings  (Read 767 times)

Dryst

I never noticed this issue before, because I am primarily listening to electronica nowadays.  I use Auto DJ with a custom filter set for this genre.  One day I had a brilliant idea to move my custom filter into genre specific playlists.  This way I can simply change the playlist Auto DJ uses and save all these filter settings  (I was having one of my genius moments when I came up with this).

Anyway, after creating all these playlists I noticed that Auto DJ does not resume properly when I restart MusicBee.

This is Auto DJ right now as I listen to tunes:

This is what happens if I stop MusicBee then restart it:

Notice the button Start Auto DJ.  This means Auto DJ is not active.  If I play to continue listening to my music, it will reach the last tune of my playlist then stop all playback.

Does anyone know why this is suddenly happening with playlists set as the AUto DJ source?  This does not happen at all when library is the source.  I have been using these feature for a long time now, and this is a new issue I noticed when using playlist as the source.

Steven

• Administrator
So the issue you have is when you restart MB, it resume the DJ automatically - its not actually losing the settings for the DJ right?
When you attempt to resume playback on restarting MB, how did you do that eg. click the Play button, double click one of the files in the playing tracks list, etc?

Dryst

The first time I experienced what I am posting, I restarted MusicBee with Auto DJ no longer set for playlist showing the playlist I last used.  That was why I started the thread titled settings being lost.  The playlist still existed; however, Auto DJ had library checked off again.  This seemed odd, so I started this thread to question the behavior.

When I started to reproduce the issue taking screenshots, I restarted MusicBee with the same playlist selected under Auto DJ and Auto DJ was turned off.  There is probably additional ways to recreate MusicBee resorting to library, but I did not spend a lot of time figuring out how that happened.

Additionally, I had noticed that a newer version of MusicBee was available.  I did update to the latest available (moving from version 3.3.7310 to version 3.3.7367).

To answer the question of how I continued playback, I simply clicked on the Play button in the lower left of the Now Playing view.  I have been doing this for as long as I have used the application.  The play button here resumed playback exactly the way it was left prior to closing MusicBee.  Auto DJ was still enabled, my playlist position was intact, and everything continued as before closing the app.
Last Edit: March 14, 2020, 02:05:58 PM by Dryst

Dryst

On version  3.3.7367 that I am now using I am seeing behavior that I expect.  For now I cannot reproduce the issue.  I do not have details of exactly how the last song in the playlist stopped all playback.  If I can reproduce that again, I will post a follow-up.

For now I am seeing expected behavior and this version is working fine.