Author Topic: Cannot get exported playlists to work on my android or my MP3 Player  (Read 4580 times)

sheervelocity

I've been trying on and off for a year to get this to work finally breaking down and asking for help.

I've tried exporting as .M3U .M3U8 and .PLA. The playlists don't show up on Pi Music Player although the mp3s transfer. If I tinker around and physically export the playlist into the device folder I will get the playlist but it's empty.

I've used PowerShell to mass change file paths thinking they were too long, I've at most succeeded in getting 1-4 songs to show on a playlist but cannot for the life of me get the rest to.

This goes for my Google Pixel Android, which I've tried Pi Music player among other MP3 apps, and a random MP3 player I got off play store.

Tearing my hair out guys, God I hope someone can just help me since this was supposed to work right off the bat. I will be so f***ing appreciative if someone can help me.

frankz

I'm not sure why you're exporting playlists when you should just sync your device. Your musicbee playlists link to the files on your computer. Exporting those playlists will result in a playlist on your phone that references files on your computer. That doesn't make sense.

https://musicbee.fandom.com/wiki/Devices

sheervelocity

Hi, thanks. I tried this and the playlists still don't show up in Pi Music Player on Android. I checked the file pathways on the .m3u file and they are correct.

sheervelocity

I've tried both m3u and pla

I've also tried different MP3 players from the play store

phred

• Global Moderator
What format playlist does your device require?
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

sheervelocity

I don't know officially, but a google search told me m3u should work, although some posts said the new android 10 update killed m3u. Mine hasn't been functioning for almost a year now.

phred

• Global Moderator
I don't know officially, but a google search told me m3u should work, although some posts said the new android 10 update killed m3u. Mine hasn't been functioning for almost a year now.
Try contacting the player's developer to find out what playlist format it needs. You can't trust everything you find through a Google search.

I also suggest doing a forum search in the Portable Devices section as I recall Steven issuing a patch recently for issues with syncing and the Android 10 update. Or just download the latest patch, which you get from my sig.

It looks like you never mentioned what version of MB you're using. Nor the installer type. Let us know this before you try the patch.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

sheervelocity

Version 3.1.6512

Sorry I'm unaware of the installer type or how to determine that...

sheervelocity

I did some more research I have found a solution!!!!   JRT ROCKET MUSIC PLAYER is the answer.

"I think @scottg_TC's guidance is incorrect.  This isn't isolated to only Google Play Music.  I've tried JRT Studio Music Player.  Found the same in Music PlayerPro forums while searching for a solution.

JRT Studio dev thinks there's a bug in the Android Media Store introduced in 10.  Media players that have their own internal database are un-affected (e.g. JRT Studio Rocket Player). All (?) media players that use the Android Media Store are affected (e.g. Google Play Music, JRT Studio Music player, BlastOn Music PlayerPro, etc.)."

I got chills down my spine. Finally, it works. I believe the advice to sync as opposed to export helped as well.

Thanks guys

phred

• Global Moderator
Version 3.1.6512
Well there's the first red flag. You're using a version that is about two years old. There have been many, many changes to syncing since then. Update to the latest 3.3 and report back.

Sorry I'm unaware of the installer type or how to determine that...
Store? Installer? Portable?

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki