Author Topic: "Recently Added Tracks Preferred" Auto-DJ Option  (Read 853 times)

digidisqueria

Every time I turn on the "recently added tracks preferred" option on Auto-DJ, it ends up doing the job a little to well because it only ends up playing recently added tracks. I was wondering if there's any way to fine-tune this option, to have it play new tracks but also, to a relatively lesser extent, ones that I've had in my collection for a while.

All help is appreciated.

Dryst

You can get this to work by not selecting "recently added tracks preferred".  Instead try selected "random" then create a custom filter.

The custom filter pop-up screen is a little complicated to figure out, but you may add or conditions to include recently added items.  This will mix recently added with older music from your library.

To add an OR condition, click this little dot here:

On the next pop-up that shows, add your criteria.  Any shown in the pick list means "OR":

Dryst

One thing I must warn you about though-- the randomization logic used in MusicBee is actually not very good.  You will find that the same songs get selected repeatedly.  You will notice this in large media libraries.  Some songs simply will never get selected, but a small few will get selected over and over.

digidisqueria

Hey thanks for the suggestions. I have been doing this to an extent, and I've had mixed results. It'd be nice if there were an option to tune the sensitivity of newer songs that are played, but then again I imagine the Auto-DJ algorithm might be difficult to manipulate to one's liking.