Author Topic: Customising and Tagging  (Read 1733 times)

peterawhurst

Hi, I'm new to this and I apologise for any weirdness.
I use various basic fields (Windows) to help me search and sort my music. For instance: "Part of a Set"; "Initial Key" and "Subtitle" where I may group a track as 'Classic Rock'; 'Dance 80s' and (Top 50 - UK 83), where I can identify, along with other tags, genre for instance to create specific playlists.
My problem is that I can't find those window's fields in MusicBee nor can I find how to tag and customise as there doesn't seem to be a link to the basic properties of music window files, or I can't see it.
Could anyone help me on this please?
Thank you.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Hi, welcome to the forum!

You can hit Shift + Enter or right click and choose Edit to access tags for any track in MusicBee.

I thought Windows wrote and read ID3v2.3 tags, so I'm not sure why they wouldn't show up in MusicBee. What file type are you working with?

You might want to spend some time with the wiki to get more familiar with how MusicBee works. There's a link in my signature.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

peterawhurst

Thank You

Files are basic normal MP3 files

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Great. The other thing you might try is looking at the files with the Tag Inspector, which you can open from within the tag editor. It shows the exact contents of the ID3 tags in MP3 files, so if Windows has written anything it will show up there. If you're still having problems, post a screenshot so we can see what MusicBee is showing you.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)