Author Topic: Another Question About Duplicates  (Read 2123 times)

anonimitie

I've seen this has been a problem for users for years but, hasn't been resolved.  I'm using version3.3.7310, cleared all the files from the music directory on my Android phone, clicked, "Syncronise phone," and have random instances of double and triple copies of songs.

When will this finally be resolved?

phred

• Global Moderator
I've seen this has been a problem for users for years but, hasn't been resolved.  I'm using version3.3.7310, cleared all the files from the music directory on my Android phone, clicked, "Syncronise phone," and have random instances of double and triple copies of songs.
Please post a screenshot of your device settings.

When will this finally be resolved?
https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=30597.0
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Are you using the option to sync playlists to their own folders?
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

anonimitie

phred, thanks for the link.  It's great Steven got a new job recently.  Not clear how that relates to a years old problem.
https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=724.0
https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=23046.0
https://www.reddit.com/r/musicbee/comments/3tng8r/duplicate_files_after_sync/

Settings from, "my device?"  Do you mean my MusicBee settings?  You'll have to be more specific, there's about twenty pages of settings.  Which one are you interested in?

psychoadept,  I'm not deliberately using the option to sync playlists to their own folders.  I don't think I'm syncing playlists at all.  whether I am or not, it seems like the default setting ought to be, "Only sync one copy of a song to the target phone no matter how many playlists it appears on - only copy is needed."

I've not been able to find the, "sync options," menu I've read about.  But, again, that I need to specifically tell it that one copy on my phone is plenty seems weird.

anonimitie

You gotta' REALLY want to post a picture.

Ah, I dug down far enough to some settings, pictured here.  I don't know what an, "auto-sync list from the device," is.  Is that babble for, "Sync random multiple copies to the device?"  I don't have it checked.

Good grief, four tries to post a screenshot as hyperlink and embeded image and it's still not there.  Music Bee would be pretty good if it didn't have such a sincere and enthusiastic hatred of its users.
Last Edit: March 03, 2020, 06:18:06 AM by psychoadept

phred

• Global Moderator
Settings from, "my device?"  Do you mean my MusicBee settings?  You'll have to be more specific, there's about twenty pages of settings.  Which one are you interested in?
From MB Settings > Devices

Music Bee would be pretty good if it didn't have such a sincere and enthusiastic hatred of its users.
That's quite uncalled for. No one is forcing you to use MB.

If you actually read what appears on the 'post reply' window, you'd see a NOTE regarding posting a screenshot.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

hiccup

Music Bee would be pretty good if it didn't have such a sincere and enthusiastic hatred of its users.

You seem to be confusing MusicBee with the (free to use) SMF software package that is used for this forum.

Also interesting that you feel hated by a software user interface.

frankz

Also interesting that you feel hated by a software user interface.
Are you saying it isn't out to get me personally?  Well there must be some reason I can't figure out how to post pictures on the internet or sync my phone, and it certainly isn't any shortcoming on my part!

hiccup

Are you saying it isn't out to get me personally?

It might hate you ;-)

In all fairness and in defense of many other new users, more sophisticated (non-free) forum board software does usually make it a bit easier to add images.
If you're accustomed to that (and to not reading comments highlighted in red, it has been proven to be an obstacle for many.
Let's hope SMF gets updated some day to make this a bit easier.

frankz

Are you saying it isn't out to get me personally?

It might hate you ;-)

In all fairness and in defense of many other new users, more sophisticated (non-free) forum board software does usually make it a bit easier to add images.
If you're accustomed to that (and to not reading comments highlighted in red, it has been proven to be an obstacle for many.
Let's hope SMF gets updated some day to make this a bit easier.
Oh, there are plenty of things that are beyond my mental capabilities.  The difference is that I don't go all "this thing hates me and also despises all of humanity and must be defective" over it.  I recognize that the problem might be me.